Brit Awards 2015: Damon nominated

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Indiana

Re: Brit Awards 2015: Damon nominated

Post by Indiana » 24 Jan 2015, 23:49

thespider wrote:
Indiana wrote: Mr Tembo makes me want to hack my ears off with a butchers knife.
I love the song live but the album version isn't as good. The backing singers should have been higher in the mix.
I still think it's pretty dreadful... I do like Everyday Robots, some really nice melancholy there, but that song just doesn't fit.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 24 Jan 2015, 23:50

I agree with Indiana, dreadful song. Cringeworthy. One of his worst, I never want to hear it again.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Indiana

Post by Indiana » 25 Jan 2015, 00:34

I'm not a fan of gorillaz so I was pretty reluctant to give ER a go, I was pleasantly surprised except for Tembo, and I'm not sure about Heavy Seas of Love either, they just don't seem to fit at all and I find them a bit naff...

beatfloh

Post by beatfloh » 25 Jan 2015, 17:51

not so much of a fan of the record version, live it's ace and so much fun, especially when he fucks up the rap because naughty roadies don't bring the lyrics on stage and having a laugh

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 25 Jan 2015, 18:20

Like most songs on Everyday Robots, it's so different live. Damon and the Heavy Seas did amazing live versions of each song and really made it special. I love the little jam sesh part where Seye and Damon rock out and jump all over the place during Mr. Tembo. It looks and sounds like great fun, and you can definitely feel the energy when you see it!

Miki

Post by Miki » 09 Feb 2015, 14:56

I have to say, last night put a new spin on Beck's chances of winning at the Brits. I really didn't think he could beat Hozier or Pharrell Williamas... but now everything's possible! Come on, Beck!
I've been drifting along in the same stale old shoes
Loose ends tyin' a noose in the back of my mind...

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 09 Feb 2015, 18:03

Miki wrote:I have to say, last night put a new spin on Beck's chances of winning at the Brits. I really didn't think he could beat Hozier or Pharrell Williamas... but now everything's possible! Come on, Beck!
I thought about you last night Miki!! I knew you'd be pleased :D Kanye West was HILARIOUS and I think Beck thought so too :lol:

Miki

Post by Miki » 10 Feb 2015, 02:16

aldamasta wrote:
Miki wrote:I have to say, last night put a new spin on Beck's chances of winning at the Brits. I really didn't think he could beat Hozier or Pharrell Williamas... but now everything's possible! Come on, Beck!
I thought about you last night Miki!! I knew you'd be pleased :D Kanye West was HILARIOUS and I think Beck thought so too :lol:
He was on the night and Beck is a sport, but his rant after the award was embarrassing. For him and for Beyoncé. Beck's response was so humble and gracious that literally everyone's like "Who's this bully picking on this gentle, talented musician?" :D

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 10 Feb 2015, 03:08

Miki wrote:
aldamasta wrote:
He was on the night and Beck is a sport, but his rant after the award was embarrassing. For him and for Beyoncé. Beck's response was so humble and gracious that literally everyone's like "Who's this bully picking on this gentle, talented musician?" :D
Yes I commented that before hearing Kanye's dumbass rant at the end :oops: he should have just played it off as a joke! You're right, very, very embarrassing. Beck is a humble guy and a truly good musician and I think that award was well-deserved for him. Shameful for Kanye... :x

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 10 Feb 2015, 04:34

Kanye is just an attention seeking whore who married a gigantic backside who happens to be attached to a woman. Can't stand him. Or Kim. Talentless human beings. Now Beck on the other hand, fully deserved win! Can't wait for his next album!
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 10 Feb 2015, 16:03

I wouldn't call Kanye talentless, though if hip-hop isn't your thing then I can understand. He's made some excellent music, he's just a giant douche. And eh nobody really gives a shit about Kim. She's famous for being famous. And for her ass. Dumb.

Miki

Post by Miki » 10 Feb 2015, 16:20

Kayne chose the wrong target. To say that Beck "should respect artistry" and give his award away is beyond ridiculous. He's a bully. And I get that he's disappointed his friend Beyoncé didn't win, but she has like 20 Grammys and he himself has 21. Beck now has a grand total of 4 (5 if you include Best Engineered Album for Morning Phase) over a 22 year career. He has been overlooked for too long. Leave the guy to enjoy his deserved moment in peace.

Beck beat Ryan Adams, The Black Keys, Tom Petty, U2, Sam Smith, Ed Sheeran and Pharrell Williams... you don't see any of them throwing a hissy fit. Beck himself lost the AotYA twice - in 1997, when Odelay! was beaten by Celine Dion (!) and in 2001, when Midnite Vultures lost to Steely Dan. He wasn't an ass about it.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 10 Feb 2015, 18:23

Kim is famous for sucking cock on tape, that's it.

Indiana

Post by Indiana » 10 Feb 2015, 19:40

tom_cas1 wrote:Kim is famous for sucking cock on tape, that's it.
Hey, don't knock it, that's a skill right there.

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 10 Feb 2015, 20:52

Miki wrote:Kayne chose the wrong target. To say that Beck "should respect artistry" and give his award away is beyond ridiculous. He's a bully. And I get that he's disappointed his friend Beyoncé didn't win, but she has like 20 Grammys and he himself has 21. Beck now has a grand total of 4 (5 if you include Best Engineered Album for Morning Phase) over a 22 year career. He has been overlooked for too long. Leave the guy to enjoy his deserved moment in peace.

Beck beat Ryan Adams, The Black Keys, Tom Petty, U2, Sam Smith, Ed Sheeran and Pharrell Williams... you don't see any of them throwing a hissy fit. Beck himself lost the AotYA twice - in 1997, when Odelay! was beaten by Celine Dion (!) and in 2001, when Midnite Vultures lost to Steely Dan. He wasn't an ass about it.
Yeah absolutely no reason for that shit. Beck without a doubt deserved that award, more than Beyonce or any others. It made me, for once, the Grammys don't care only about who sold the most or who has the most money making potential. Not to say that they're perfect... they definitely aren't. I just think choosing Morning Phase as album of the year is something that actual music fans would want. :)

Last thing about the Kanye thing- loved Beck saying "No, come back, I need help!" Took it like a genuinely nice person (course I guess he thought it was a joke like everyone else) and really seems like an outstanding guy.

I think everyone thinks I'm trying to defend Kanye when I'm not. When I thought he was making a joke, and I found it funny, but when I heard his rant I thought it was a super dick move and shameful. And honestly who gives a shit about Kim or their marriage? Anyways

Super happy for you Miki! Sure it's a fun time to be a Beck fan, winning album of the year and all! Course with him recording a new album, when isn't it a good time to be a Beck fan? :P