Alex suggesting homecoming gig in Colchester next year

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

MsMagicAmerica

Re: Alex suggesting homecoming gig in Colchester next year

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 16 Dec 2014, 03:35

Listen, I understand wanting to play live and it being a blast, but does Alex always have to talk to the media about it? Knowing that Damon and Graham are busy during the next year with their other projects, there is no need to go to the media and say wants Blur to play live again next year. Do it privately. I'm only guessing that he needed (or wants) more money because he's always going to the media about Blur and his hopes for Blur to reunite and quite honestly, he's the only one of the band who doesn't have a side job (or at least that I know of) that will make him money.

beatfloh

Post by beatfloh » 16 Dec 2014, 06:58

he just likes to have that cool rock star feeling from time to time, but neither Gra or Damon really need him

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 18 Dec 2014, 18:19

Everyone keeps assuming that Alex is broke or something, but I'm sure he's made enough off of last year's tour, royalties, and other things to keep him well off for years to come. Even if he does have a large family, his wallet has to be plenty full. I agree with beatfloh that Alex likes to have that rock star feeling from time to time, but who could blame him?? I think that Alex should focus less on getting Damon and Graham to play another run of the mill live show and convince them to finish a new album! Course they are busy... but he could try before their schedule gets any busier! Anytime's a good time for a new Blur album, if it ever happens.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 18 Dec 2014, 20:09

Alex has the talent to form another band if he wanted to. But he doesn't. Like Drew said, he's like Jimmy Page. Never moving on.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 19 Dec 2014, 03:18

tom_cas1 wrote:Alex has the talent to form another band if he wanted to. But he doesn't. Like Drew said, he's like Jimmy Page. Never moving on.
Yes, he does have that in common with Page, although I forgot to mention he's a bit lacking in the legendarily influential department when it comes to all that Jimmy did 8-)
beatfloh wrote:he just likes to have that cool rock star feeling from time to time, but neither Gra or Damon really need him
Exactly. He's like the 40 year old at his high school reunion who wants to relive the glory days of high school and get a big football game together. Alex, we love ya, but time to move on and just...let it goooooooooooooo!

The Rock and Roll Chemist: http://www.rnrchemist.blogspot.com
Twitter: @rocknrollchem http://www.twitter.com/rocknrollchem

Veikko
Site Admin

Post by Veikko » 19 Dec 2014, 14:34

He's got his farm, presents a classical music radio show and makes cheese - I think he's allowed to have some "rock'n'roll" time sometimes... :P

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 19 Dec 2014, 18:11

Veikko wrote:He's got his farm, presents a classical music radio show and makes cheese - I think he's allowed to have some "rock'n'roll" time sometimes... :P
Agreed Veikko. Though I hope the next rock'n'roll time he has is when he's making new music! Maybe someday... :roll:

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 20 Dec 2014, 20:20

Veikko wrote:He's got his farm, presents a classical music radio show and makes cheese - I think he's allowed to have some "rock'n'roll" time sometimes... :P
Absolutely! But I wish he'd just move on from the past and do something NEW...the other three are doing just that.

bugman

Post by bugman » 20 Dec 2014, 20:56

MrMagpie wrote:
Absolutely! But I wish he'd just move on from the past and do something NEW...the other three are doing just that.
really ?
what dave really do, something new? i know he is a lawyer and a few years ago he made some music with another band but know ? i think Alex is working more hard than Dave.

Pasta

Post by Pasta » 21 Dec 2014, 20:49

I listen to dave on the radio every week

MsMagicAmerica

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 22 Dec 2014, 07:37

Dave travels and is a DJ. Just because he isn't making new albums or playing in a band doesn't mean he hasn't done anything new. He got a new career.

Alex should make another Wigwam album.

Miki

Post by Miki » 22 Dec 2014, 11:19

101reykjavik wrote:TT is getting on for 12 years old now.
:shock:

When you see it written down like that...

It doesn't seem that long.
I've been drifting along in the same stale old shoes
Loose ends tyin' a noose in the back of my mind...

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 22 Dec 2014, 21:41

Miki wrote:

Indeed it doesn't. That was such a huge time ago in terms of where I was at in life vs. where I am now but it doesn't seem that long!

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 23 Dec 2014, 18:54

MrMagpie wrote:
Miki wrote:

Indeed it doesn't. That was such a huge time ago in terms of where I was at in life vs. where I am now but it doesn't seem that long!

Exactly. And I suppose if it seems a pretty long time ago to us, I expect it does go the band too. Blur as an album proposition probably feels like old news to Damon now.

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 24 Dec 2014, 00:36

^exactly. And with as much as he's moved on, especially this year officially launching his proper solo career...going back to Blur must seem like going back to school to him at this point.