Alex suggesting homecoming gig in Colchester next year

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Miki

Alex suggesting homecoming gig in Colchester next year

Post by Miki » 14 Oct 2014, 18:55

http://www.nme.com/news/blur/80364

Doesn't mean they will, but the idea is out there.
I've been drifting along in the same stale old shoes
Loose ends tyin' a noose in the back of my mind...

tom_cas1

Re: Alex suggesting homecoming gig in Colchester next year

Post by tom_cas1 » 14 Oct 2014, 19:34

I don't see Damon agreeing to it sadly. And even if he did, just for an exhibition? I think Alex is hoping for a little too much here.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Missy

Post by Missy » 14 Oct 2014, 20:38

Read today, i hope it will come true

JordanPowers

Post by JordanPowers » 15 Oct 2014, 15:43

It would be a pleasant surprise to see Blur play at anything next year, since Damon's been so busy with other stuff. Didn't he say he's working on a musical and he'll try to start recording another Gorillaz record after that? Don't Gorillaz albums take a while to record as well? Isn't Graham supposedly working on a solo album too? I don't know, man. 2015 seems a little bit too early.
TripleJay97 wrote:
Westway wrote:this should be in the blur section
You should be off the Blur forum

northernmonkey

Re: What Alex James has been doing...

Post by northernmonkey » 29 Oct 2014, 12:45

I am and have been for over 20 years a huge Blur fan, but I'd welcome it as much as I would having the Spice Girls having another reunion unless it involved a new record (not the Spice Girls, but Blur). I hope Damon and Graham at least would see a third reunion without a new album to be damaging to their legacy as I think last year in particular to many it seemed like a cash in although obviously thousands across the world enjoyed it too.

Miki

Re: What Alex James has been doing...

Post by Miki » 04 Nov 2014, 23:01

northernmonkey wrote:I am and have been for over 20 years a huge Blur fan, but I'd welcome it as much as I would having the Spice Girls having another reunion unless it involved a new record (not the Spice Girls, but Blur). I hope Damon and Graham at least would see a third reunion without a new album to be damaging to their legacy as I think last year in particular to many it seemed like a cash in although obviously thousands across the world enjoyed it too.
I give them the benefit of the doubt on last year as I saw it as an extension of 2012 giving, as you say, fans around the world a chance to see Blur after a long time. But from here, it would certainly ring hollow if they toured again without anything new. However something like this would fit in with the whole "celebration of the past" of the exhibition. Not that I think it's going to happen anyway.
I've been drifting along in the same stale old shoes
Loose ends tyin' a noose in the back of my mind...

elasticaman

Post by elasticaman » 14 Nov 2014, 22:46

only way its happening is if its a warm up for reading and leeds

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 10 Dec 2014, 03:01

I really don't care if they do or don't...in fact if I'm being honest, I hope they don't. Damon has moved on and is doing great things with his solo career, they've all moved on (apart from Alex it seems)...to quote one of their best songs, just let it go...

The Rock and Roll Chemist: http://www.rnrchemist.blogspot.com
Twitter: @rocknrollchem http://www.twitter.com/rocknrollchem

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 12 Dec 2014, 18:50

MrMagpie wrote:I really don't care if they do or don't...in fact if I'm being honest, I hope they don't. Damon has moved on and is doing great things with his solo career, they've all moved on (apart from Alex it seems)...to quote one of their best songs, just let it go...
I agree MrMagpie. Damon's solo album, and especially his tour, has been amazing, GBQ and Gorillaz albums should be coming in the next couple of years... also Graham should have a solo album in the next year or so! Even though Blur doesn't have anything in the near future planned, it's still a great time to be a Blur fan when you have such great solo projects. But if Blur ever do decide to tour again, it better be in support of a new album!!! :P

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 13 Dec 2014, 14:10

^agreed, and it doesn't look like there is going to be a new album anytime soon, probably ever, so why not just move on? This is reminiscent of Led Zeppelin since 1980, where Robert Plant has continued to refuse to trade on the past and has blazed his own, unique (and oftentimes quite good) trail, as has John Paul Jones, while JImmy Page can't let Zeppelin go. The same thing is going on with Blur and Alex and it's a bit sad. Damon, Graham, and Dave have all moved on to new endeavors, musically or otherwise...time for Alex to find something to fill his days. What I don't understand is why someone with a wife and 5 kids would want to be on the road away from them AGAIN. I've got 4 kids and a wife and every time I'm away on a business trip, I can't wait to get back home to them. But then again, I'm not a hedonistic pop star ;-)

The Rock and Roll Chemist: http://www.rnrchemist.blogspot.com
Twitter: @rocknrollchem http://www.twitter.com/rocknrollchem

MsMagicAmerica

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 14 Dec 2014, 14:14

What would be the point of this gig? They already did the reunion gigs. The fans know they don't hate each other and that Blur holds a special place in all of their hearts, so why keep doing random one off gigs once a year?

Didn't Alex make enough money from the last batch of reunion shows that he doesn't desperately need the money? (I'm assuming it's Alex who needs the money)

Don't ruin a good thing. If they keep doing random gigs for now reason they're gonna look pathetic.

And northernmonkey, I'd welcome a new Spice Girls album. :)

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 14 Dec 2014, 17:05

Alex can't need the money a year after their (as of right now) last shows. If he does then he seriously needs to sit down and think about what he's spending his money on.

I for one don't want ANY more shows unless a new album comes out and they tour to support it. I don't want any more reunion shows, at least for the foreseeable future.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Simon le bon

Post by Simon le bon » 14 Dec 2014, 18:24

This whole thing about alex playing gigs just for the money tires me a little bit... :roll:
The idea of Alex wanting to play again with the other 3 because it's fun and he likes it is not something that you can understand? I'd give all my money to play the bass and share a stage with the damon, graham and dave

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 15 Dec 2014, 12:27

We didn't say this was for the money, but 2013 definitely was. And I'm all for seeing Blur play live, when I saw them in 2009 and 2012 it was incredible. But I wish they wouldn't just come back and play the hits time and again. And this would definitely be that.

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 15 Dec 2014, 22:18

They've done the hits touring. There's just no need for any other live dates and I honestly don't think a new album will ever happen, which is the only way it would be truly interesting again. So essentially, I'm hoping they just move on and don't keep visiting that particular well.

Even TT is getting on for 12 years old now. It's all a very long time ago since they did any significant recording together. I think the time passed to seriously revisit the 'studio band' mid to late last decade.