Blur fans for Britpop study wanted :-)

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Scientist1

Blur fans for Britpop study wanted :-)

Post by Scientist1 » 26 Sep 2014, 14:42

Hi,

My name is Claudia. I am a PhD student at the Politics and International Relations department at Royal Holloway. My thesis is focused on the relationship between British identity and Britpop music. I strongly believe that Blur played a key role in the representation of British identity in British pop music during the 1990's. That is why I am looking for Blur fans who would like to do an interview with me and talk about their personal experience or answer a quick questionnaire via email.

The interview can be done Skype and the questionnaire can be filled in via email. If you're interested please send me a quick email or personal message and I will get back to you regarding date/time:

Claudia.Lueders.2011@live.rhul.ac.uk

Many thanks! Looking forward to hear from you!
Claudia
Last edited by Scientist1 on 13 Feb 2015, 11:49, edited 1 time in total.

Forever Low Man

Re: Blur fans for Britpop study wanted :-)

Post by Forever Low Man » 31 Jan 2015, 18:32

It looks like we may have our first spammer!
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners

Caitlin

Post by Caitlin » 31 Jan 2015, 23:00

They're not a spammer, they're someone working on their PHD who want to interview britpop fans. 100% legit.

Forever Low Man

Post by Forever Low Man » 01 Feb 2015, 02:23

I'm just questioning the choice of that username. I remember there was someone on the old board named Sunshine3 for a bit. Only posted ad spam.

If you're not a spammer, I'm terribly sorry. Us Blur fans just have trust issues.

guidedbyvoices

Post by guidedbyvoices » 01 Feb 2015, 13:12

It would be as simple as searching for her email on google to figure that out.

Anyway, sounds interesting, could you make it available here when it's done?

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 01 Feb 2015, 19:14

I can confirm what Caitlin has already said. Not a spammer, 100% real person and a real request. Please get in touch with her if you are interested in taking part. Sounds like a very interesting thesis. :)
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

beatfloh

Post by beatfloh » 01 Feb 2015, 22:13

no spammer, since you don't get an ac.uk account anywhere then at an uni. They get canceled the second you're leaving as well, pain in the arse

Scientist1

Post by Scientist1 » 13 Feb 2015, 11:45

Hi Everyone,

Definitely not a spam, I am really a PhD student working on my thesis and your accusation of me being a spam might be the reason why not many people respond which is a shame!!! So everyone interested please do get in touch as I am still looking for people to participate!!! Its an interesting topic and so far nobody in the academic field worked on fans perception of it and I am trying to change that, so please get in touch!

Thanks

Claudia

Scientist1

Post by Scientist1 » 13 Feb 2015, 11:56

guidedbyvoices wrote:It would be as simple as searching for her email on google to figure that out.

Anyway, sounds interesting, could you make it available here when it's done?
Hi guidedbyvoices,

I hope my thesis will be published some day, I will keep you posted!

Best wishes,

Claudia

Forever Low Man

Post by Forever Low Man » 14 Feb 2015, 02:20

I publicly apologize for thinking you were spam.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 16 Feb 2015, 17:50

BUMP!

Let's get to it people, Claudia says these questions can be done via PM here on the forum. There really is barely any effort involved in doing this and helping her out so please get involved! Don't be lazy!

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Biographical Information:

First name:

Nationality:

Ethnicity:

Class:

Questions:

1) What are your main memories of Britpop?

2) Why do you think did British lifestyle/suburban life play such an important role in Britpop?

3) What do you think of the critique that Britpop was too much focused on whiteness, masculinity and heterosexuality?

4) Why do you think there was so much focus on the class/regional division in the media discourse on Britpop/Cool Britannia?

5) Why do you think the working-class played such a pre-dominant role in the Britpop context (music and media)?

6) Do you agree/disagree with the critique that Britpop is more a representation of Englishness rather than Britishness? Why?

7) What do you think makes Britpop so particularly English and/or British? (Sound/Lyrics)

8) Why do you think the cultural heritage of the British pop music (60’s/70s/80s) played such an important role for Britpop music in the 90’s? (British subcultures: Mod, Punk)

9) Do you agree/disagree with the academic analysis that Britpop’s nostalgic representation of British identity can be considered a cultural critique of social, economic, political changes in the UK in the 1990s? Why?

10) Do you think there is a difference between the representation of British identity in Britpop and in the British media coverage of it?
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 17 Feb 2015, 08:23

I have participated and posted my replies off to Claudia this morning.

Hoping they will be of interest. :)
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."

Scientist1

Post by Scientist1 » 17 Feb 2015, 23:05

Thanks! I've received it and its been very helpful for my thesis, so please everyone who reads this request please participate and share your thoughts on Blur/Britpop via PM with me!

beatfloh

Post by beatfloh » 17 Feb 2015, 23:34

Scientist1 wrote:Thanks! I've received it and its been very helpful for my thesis, so please everyone who reads this request please participate and share your thoughts on Blur/Britpop via PM with me!
if you can wait another week, just moving back to Germany these days

Scientist1

Post by Scientist1 » 18 Feb 2015, 00:05

Yeah, that's fine! Feel free to send it whenever you get the chance! Good luck for the move!