Damon Albarn - Everyday Robots tour thread

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

User avatar
daii
Posts: 543
Joined: 20 Sep 2014, 12:33
Location: Argentina

Re: Damon Albarn - Everyday Robots tour thread

Post by daii » 22 Dec 2014, 21:55

I think they only played in the bbc 6 music festival

User avatar
bugman
Posts: 999
Joined: 23 Sep 2014, 20:21

Re: Damon Albarn - Everyday Robots tour thread

Post by bugman » 22 Dec 2014, 22:19

daii wrote:I think they only played in the bbc 6 music festival
no. check this site ;] by the way-very good perfomance.

User avatar
Mark72
Posts: 1149
Joined: 07 Sep 2014, 09:52
Location: Merrie Land
Contact:

Re: Damon Albarn - Everyday Robots tour thread

Post by Mark72 » 23 Feb 2015, 11:20

Does anyone have any updates on the Royal Albert Hall DVD? Has it been Shelved?
“I need something to remind me that there’s something else”

User avatar
aldamasta
Posts: 1465
Joined: 02 Sep 2014, 05:00
Location: Kentucky, United States
Contact:

Re: Damon Albarn - Everyday Robots tour thread

Post by aldamasta » 24 Feb 2015, 01:03

I've been curious about the DVD myself... please please please release it Warner! Hopefully a blu-ray version.

User avatar
Mark72
Posts: 1149
Joined: 07 Sep 2014, 09:52
Location: Merrie Land
Contact:

Re: Damon Albarn - Everyday Robots tour thread

Post by Mark72 » 25 Feb 2015, 19:30

Jake Bugg's RAH gig he played in Feburary '14 was released on DVD and Blu Ray in December '14. So maybe later in the year for Damon's gig.
“I need something to remind me that there’s something else”

User avatar
daii
Posts: 543
Joined: 20 Sep 2014, 12:33
Location: Argentina

Re: NEW ALBUM: The Magic Whip

Post by daii » 25 Sep 2015, 22:35

really off topic but... look what I've found: https://vimeo.com/136479078" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
looks amazing

Edit: The discussion on this moved to the Everyday Robots tour thread. -Veikko

User avatar
aldamasta
Posts: 1465
Joined: 02 Sep 2014, 05:00
Location: Kentucky, United States
Contact:

Re: NEW ALBUM: The Magic Whip

Post by aldamasta » 26 Sep 2015, 02:54

Wow, what a great performance! Can't believe pro footage has surfaced!!! Does this mean we might get a full concert? I would kill for it still.

What is Big Noise Films? I noticed they have some Noel Gallagher stuff and the complete, great quality recording of the MODE gig!!!! Very interesting.

Also, should we start one thread for all Damon related stuff/news? It would be a nice way to keep up with what he does. For example, tonight he performed at Banksy's Dismaland with De La Soul. I'd like to discuss that sort of thing all in a specific thread.

User avatar
101reykjavik
Posts: 5303
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 20:26
Location: Beautiful Somerset

Re: NEW ALBUM: The Magic Whip

Post by 101reykjavik » 26 Sep 2015, 07:33

He was at Dismaland???!! Shit, that's just down the road from me. :(

Damon at Disma, complete with bank robber outfit:

Image

Great video by the way - thanks. :D Which night I wonder. I thought I might spot myself if it was Saturday.
Image

User avatar
daii
Posts: 543
Joined: 20 Sep 2014, 12:33
Location: Argentina

Re: NEW ALBUM: The Magic Whip

Post by daii » 26 Sep 2015, 11:27

aldamasta wrote: Also, should we start one thread for all Damon related stuff/news? It would be a nice way to keep up with what he does. For example, tonight he performed at Banksy's Dismaland with De La Soul. I'd like to discuss that sort of thing all in a specific thread.
yeah, it would be nice to have a separate section for Damon or Gorillaz

User avatar
aldamasta
Posts: 1465
Joined: 02 Sep 2014, 05:00
Location: Kentucky, United States
Contact:

Re: NEW ALBUM: The Magic Whip

Post by aldamasta » 26 Sep 2015, 14:43

Missy must have such a cool life haha. She and Damon's nephew were there. He seems to be a cool dad, that's for sure!

Also, here are a couple videos from Damon & De La Soul's performance of Feel Good Inc: http://youtu.be/6Y2rhYjl8h8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://youtu.be/H7yfmWxS9KI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sushi
Posts: 134
Joined: 03 Oct 2014, 16:06

Re: Damon Albarn - Everyday Robots tour thread

Post by Sushi » 27 Sep 2015, 19:42

daii wrote:really off topic but... look what I've found: https://vimeo.com/136479078" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
looks amazing

Edit: The discussion on this moved to the Everyday Robots tour thread. -Veikko
Awww man it's password protected now :( which song was it?

User avatar
101reykjavik
Posts: 5303
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 20:26
Location: Beautiful Somerset

Re: Damon Albarn - Everyday Robots tour thread

Post by 101reykjavik » 27 Sep 2015, 21:02

Sushi wrote:
daii wrote:really off topic but... look what I've found: https://vimeo.com/136479078" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
looks amazing

Edit: The discussion on this moved to the Everyday Robots tour thread. -Veikko
Awww man it's password protected now :( which song was it?
Feel Good Inc at RAH.
Image

User avatar
daii
Posts: 543
Joined: 20 Sep 2014, 12:33
Location: Argentina

Re: Damon Albarn - Everyday Robots tour thread

Post by daii » 28 Sep 2015, 00:08

here's another link > https://vimeo.com/140565125" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I hope we're getting a release soon (for christmas it would be nice)

User avatar
Mark72
Posts: 1149
Joined: 07 Sep 2014, 09:52
Location: Merrie Land
Contact:

Re: Damon Albarn - Everyday Robots tour thread

Post by Mark72 » 28 Sep 2015, 09:48

that took me back....what a great night that was! Hurry up and release this please!
“I need something to remind me that there’s something else”

User avatar
rich
Posts: 1021
Joined: 07 Sep 2014, 16:58
Location: London

Re: Damon Albarn - Everyday Robots tour thread

Post by rich » 28 Sep 2015, 13:20

daii wrote:here's another link > https://vimeo.com/140565125" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I hope we're getting a release soon (for christmas it would be nice)
wow - what a fab video - very well put together, excellent performance :)

I was there, but bloody miles away :roll:
https://vimeo.com/111991524" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rich 8-)
I put me trousers on, have a cup of tea, and think about leaving the house...
my gig videos https://vimeo.com/user19376405

Post Reply