Official blur forum to shut down

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

tom_cas1

Re: Official blur forum to shut down

Post by tom_cas1 » 21 Sep 2014, 22:19

Tell me about it. :cry: :cry:
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 21 Sep 2014, 23:17

Same here, Tom was the only active poster with more than me (about 400 more)... :oops:

The Rock and Roll Chemist: http://www.rnrchemist.blogspot.com
Twitter: @rocknrollchem http://www.twitter.com/rocknrollchem

leequoiz

Post by leequoiz » 21 Sep 2014, 23:32

101reykjavik wrote:Without a search function it's going to be hard to ever find anything. But, if it at least remains there for time being, I suppose that's something.
Would putting "site:forum.blur.co.uk [search term]" in Google work the same as the forum's search function (that's no longer working)?

I'm kinda a new-ish Blur fan, and I was gonna make an account on the other forum a couple of days ago, but didn't bother 'cause it was closing anyway.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 21 Sep 2014, 23:59

MrMagpie wrote:Same here, Tom was the only active poster with more than me (about 400 more)... :oops:
Don't be hating. 8-) In fact I should have been close to 30,000 on there and it would have been that if the Admin hadn't have deleted a load of old threads a few years ago. God knows why they had to do that anyway, everything pre-2009 doesn't exist in there anymore apart from poll threads.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 22 Sep 2014, 00:45

I remember them doing that delete, seemed pointless then. Just like them shutting it down now. :lol:

Rudolf

Post by Rudolf » 22 Sep 2014, 01:13

hello to all. this is my first post in Veikko forum! :)

By chance, the 'View your posts' in Blur forum was deleted?

MsMagicAmerica

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 22 Sep 2014, 01:52

I don't know why, but I was hoping the admin would finally tell us the reason on the day of the closure. Like post the reason and close the site. But like a good politician he answered a few things but never the only thing we really wanted to know.

maria

Post by maria » 22 Sep 2014, 09:50

^True, that would have been nice. But like d4p said in the blur forum they really just don't/didn't give a shit.

beatfloh

Post by beatfloh » 22 Sep 2014, 10:00

MsMagicAmerica wrote:I don't know why, but I was hoping the admin would finally tell us the reason on the day of the closure. Like post the reason and close the site. But like a good politician he answered a few things but never the only thing we really wanted to know.
If they wanted to tell us that would have done it when they announced the closure.

Why should they tell us, we are just not of any benefit, should the keep it just to make us happy?

Don't think that's how the internet works these days, it's about making money

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 22 Sep 2014, 11:09

maria wrote:^True, that would have been nice. But like d4p said in the blur forum they really just don't/didn't give a shit.
Honestly, from admin told all of us mods there, he didn't know much more himself, the company were intentionally vague with him. *shrug* Like everything handled by the band and their management. It was handled poorly. Why is anyone surprised? :lol:

maria

Post by maria » 22 Sep 2014, 11:47

Fair enough. I wasn't trying to slag off the Admin. He's probably just another pawn. :s

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 22 Sep 2014, 12:01

Yes, I'm sure the Admin guy was just told to do the job and quite likely passed our queries on and got nothing or only vague answers in return. He's closer to one of us than them in reality.

I see the forum now has READ ONLY slapped all over it, which wasn't there this morning. I guess that's it then, unless some time they choose to wipe it from existence.

Caitlin

Post by Caitlin » 22 Sep 2014, 12:25

Admin tried his best, and unfortunately the label didn't seem to want to discuss. I offered to take on financial responsibility but they weren't willing to discuss apparently (figured I was in as decent a position to do it of anyone as I had already been made to provide a number of personal details when I first signed on to mod). Most important thing to remember is that it was not his decision to shut it down, and more importantly, he was one of us!!! He had put more time than any of us into the band and the fandom itself, and was best placed out of anyone to run that place. Was an unpaid role he offered to do when EMI pulled the corporate company doing the moderation, and personally I believe the forum would have gone back in 2008ish or so if he had not stepped into those shoes when he did. So please don't slag him off without taking those facts into consideration. ;)

All of that being said, I won't hesitate to put the boot into parlophone/emi for the way this was all handled. Was an absolute balls up from start to finish. If this is how they treat their fans then I don't particularly want anything more to do with them, nor will they be receiving a cent more of my money.

maria

Post by maria » 22 Sep 2014, 14:05

Caitlin wrote:Admin tried his best, and unfortunately the label didn't seem to want to discuss.
Which is sad, because most of the time these things can easily be better handled, but they choose not to.

Anyway, thanks Caitlin for the insight (and the offer!).
And thanks Admin for all your work in the old forum, I sincerely hope you join us here too.

TripleJay97

Post by TripleJay97 » 22 Sep 2014, 15:48

I got the last post in the Blur forum :(