BLUR DOCUMENTARY: New World Towers

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: MrMagpie, tom_cas1, Caitlin

Re: BLUR DOCUMENTARY: New World Towers

Postby Caitlin » 03 Dec 2016, 07:27

northernmonkey wrote:After telling myself no single disk Blu Ray with no real extra's was worth just over £40 quid which includes the postage, I ordered it last night as couldn't bare the thought of a Blur Blu Ray existing and not owning it.

I can so relate though. Stupid dumb band with all the stupid dumb things to collect. :x
Caitlin

Postby northernmonkey » 26 Dec 2016, 22:50

rich wrote:OK - well the DVD turned up last week - Toshi at CDJapan was very helpful :)

as to the DVD - well the film is great :)

the 'extras'?

# the good news - there are 4 or 5 'extras' :)

# the bad news - nothing new/additional - the 'extras' consist of the trailers (ie bits of the film) and a few songs (ie bits of the film) - just a glorified scene selection thingy really (and there already is a scene selector)...

so the extras aren't extras at all :(

missed opportunity :|

Well my Blu Ray copy arrived last week and as already mentioned the extra's are non exist. Picture and sound quality are of a good standard and nice and vibrant, but anyone who has seen this being streamed or on the cinema will already know this. Although in places it did seem a tad grainy.

So yeah, a huge missed opportunity, why this couldn't have included the Hong Kong gig I will never understand. Nice to have it in the collection tho.
northernmonkey

Postby Pavlich » 01 Jan 2017, 05:43

Fuck the Hong Kong gig, I want to see Hyde Park. That was my first ever Blur show and one of my favourite days in my life.
Pavlich

Postby northernmonkey » 01 Jan 2017, 13:13

Pavlich wrote:Fuck the Hong Kong gig, I want to see Hyde Park. That was my first ever Blur show and one of my favourite days in my life.

To be honest both and the doc would have been great, I too was at the Hyde Park gig and loved every minute of it, but considering they have released two other Hyde Park shows, maybe a change would have been good and they played Pyongyang at the HK show, which was more TMW focused.
northernmonkey

Re: general blur thread

Postby saltandgin » 04 Jan 2017, 23:22

3d wrote:
neko wrote:hi. i am japanese and trying to understand what members are saying in English in New World Towers.
could somebody please tell me what Damon is saying when they are playing my terracotta heart and he is mentioning about Graham?
I can hear ”my terracotta heart is very much about my relationship with Graham for me. and he has got a little bit of SOMETHING at the end of 5 days of recording session and i felt 'here we go'. i couldnt hear the SOMETHING part. so please tell me, if somebody can. thanks.

konnichiwa

he said "he had a little bit of a wobble"

=.0

Ohh, studio freak-out? I imagine a studio situation can be intense for a new band, let-alone one with 20 years of history.
NOT for the likes of you. Image
saltandgin

Postby northernmonkey » 27 Jan 2017, 19:50

I was watching this again the other day, and for me one of the strongest points of this as a documentary is Graham. I think he comes across so well, sometimes with humour, but just how much he opens up and his total commitment and his dream to put things right, it doesn't tell us much we didn't already know before its release, but it's just so nice to watch. My only concern while watching it is near the end and Damon is saying he doesn't want to imagine no Blur/can see more adventures with Blur, that we will read an interview with him saying the usual "I have no intention of doing anything with Blur again" like he always does :roll:
northernmonkey

Postby Forever Low Man » 25 Feb 2017, 03:32

"the puritan" was the best of the 3 pre-mw/post-tt tracks.
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners
Forever Low Man

Re: Blur - The Magic Whip

Postby vitekm » 28 Dec 2017, 08:12

Now you can watch "NWT" here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D43ad0Ibx8M
vitekm

Re: Blur - The Magic Whip

Postby KingLouieLouie76 » 14 Jan 2018, 04:46

vitekm wrote:Now you can watch "NWT" here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D43ad0Ibx8M

Thanks for sharing that link. I finally watched it a couple of months ago and was extremely impressed! But now there is a sense of emptiness because it appears Damon no longer writes any songs w/Blur in mind. I hope somehow that will change, but I just don't envision that happening within the near future.
KingLouieLouie76

Postby Sledge Hammer » 31 Mar 2018, 14:42

Getting a repeat this weekend aswell as a "new" documentary on Blur vs Oasis at 9pm tonight, a lot of Blur on Sky Arts at the moment.
Sledge Hammer

Postby aldamasta » 31 Mar 2018, 21:33

I'm curious, what could new documentary on the battle of britpop have that we don't all already know?
aldamasta

Previous

Return to Blur