Any one see Blur live in Gorleston/Gt. Yarmouth Sept '95?

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: MrMagpie, tom_cas1, Caitlin

Any one see Blur live in Gorleston/Gt. Yarmouth Sept '95?

Postby mishmashmatt » 12 Oct 2017, 19:24

Hello!

I hope you don't mind, but I'm on the hunt for some info about Blur's gig at the 'Ocean Rooms' venue in Gorleston-on-Sea in 1995 (September 20th)...

I host a once-weekly evening show on a local radio-station just ten minute's drive from Gorleston in the seaside town of Great Yarmouth, Norfolk. One of the little features I have on my show is an item where I look back at a significant music event that took place in the town and the surrounding area years before (a bit like a 'on this day in history' type thing, but, with a local and musical slant as opposed to the usual 'on this day JFK died' kind of thing).

So... Does any one recall going to that gig, and if so, what are your memories of it? I'd love to know so that I can relay this info on my show (and I won't give out names of folk who contribute, if you don't want). Any info would be appreciated - even if it's not first-hand accounts of the gig, anything'll do... some audio, a clip of the band being interviewed about the gig in the media - anything really.

Thanks!
mishmashmatt

Return to Blur