GORILLAZ: Tour Thread

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: MrMagpie, tom_cas1, Caitlin

Re: GORILLAZ: Tour Thread

Postby aldamasta » 17 Jul 2017, 05:22

That Boston setlist was just amazing. I really enjoyed Philly, top notch! The weather, however, was NOT. A stupid thunderstorm warning caused the venue to kick ALL of us out on the street just as Vince was about to open. Getting back in after the storm passed was a dreadful mess, but once we got back (and somehow got back to our 2nd/3rd row position against all odds!!) it was all worth it. M1A1 is a BRILLIANT opener, WOW. As soon as they played it, I knew it would be a treat. I'm so glad 19-2000 is on the setlist. Kilo Kish was perfect for it.

They soundchecked To Binge and Spitting Out the Demons, but I think the weather screwed us out of the potential to hear those sadly. I'm loving how much the setlist has been changing. Wish it had been this way in 2015 with blur!
aldamasta

Postby Kibarry » 17 Jul 2017, 12:14

When they play Sleeping Powder Damon doesn't sing the verses. Is it because...:

A.) It's the same as Vince or any other featured artist featuring via track and video, seeing as it's specifically 2D's song?
B.) Damon can't remember the lyrics even after playing it many times.

Heart says A, mind says B.
Kibarry

Postby daii » 17 Jul 2017, 12:28

Kibarry wrote:When they play Sleeping Powder Damon doesn't sing the verses. Is it because...:

A.) It's the same as Vince or any other featured artist featuring via track and video, seeing as it's specifically 2D's song?
B.) Damon can't remember the lyrics even after playing it many times.

Heart says A, mind says B.

we all know the correct answer is B :mrgreen:
daii

Postby aldamasta » 17 Jul 2017, 16:48

Damon's too busy nailing those dad dance moves to sing/rap! :D
aldamasta

Postby blurop4 » 20 Jul 2017, 03:47

Went to the Philly and DC/Baltimore shows. As someone else mentioned, the Philly show was a mess logistically, but the performance was great once they played. They played "Out of Body" which was a cool surprise.

The DC/Baltimore show was great too. We got "On Melancholy Hill" which was a nice surprise. One really cool thing, I noticed at that show were the ASL interpreters signing the lyrics for each song. Does anyone know if they were with the band or is that a venue-specific thing?

Only criticism, if I can find one, was Kids with Guns in the encore. Less about the song, but more about the performance, it kind of fell flat both times. I think Dirty Harry would have been a solid substitute.

Overall, Damon was in full frontman beast mode for both shows. Just awesome really!
blurop4

Postby Forever Low Man » 21 Jul 2017, 00:31

saw them in Columbia (Baltimore). thought there were a lot of songs missing but all in all a great show. cannot complain. also made me like sleeping powder again, and

and

and it confirmed that i actually like sex murder party
Forever Low Man

Postby MsMagicAmerica » 21 Jul 2017, 01:14

I was going to go to the Philly show, but I didn't like the location at all. I would have had a hard time finding transportation to it as I don't drive in the city. Glad to hear that everyone is enjoying the shows
MsMagicAmerica

Previous

Return to Blur