GORILLAZ: Humanz Album Thread

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: MrMagpie, tom_cas1, Caitlin

Re: GORILLAZ: Humanz Album Thread

Postby Rubi » 19 May 2017, 21:39

Consigliere_11 wrote:
Rubi wrote:You know Sledge, if you keep complaining about how bad the new Gorillaz album is, maybe, just maybe Damon might change his mind and write the next Parklife.

Well, he's already on it with TGTBATQ, sorta...

Don't think Sledge is happy about the new GBQ album, either. He's Blur-obsessed.
Rubi

Postby Forever Low Man » 20 May 2017, 03:26

Rubi wrote:
Consigliere_11 wrote:
Rubi wrote:You know Sledge, if you keep complaining about how bad the new Gorillaz album is, maybe, just maybe Damon might change his mind and write the next Parklife.

Well, he's already on it with TGTBATQ, sorta...

Don't think Sledge is happy about the new GBQ album, either. He's Blur-obsessed.

probably because blur's drummer is white
Forever Low Man

Postby Sledge Hammer » 20 May 2017, 08:27

^^^RACIST BAN, HOW IS HE NOT BANNED?
Sledge Hammer

Postby Forever Low Man » 20 May 2017, 11:46

dude im fucking with you. chill.
Forever Low Man

Postby tom_cas1 » 20 May 2017, 18:12

Ok, mod mode enabled: let's quit with the shit and get back to topic please. The last page has been mayhem.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
tom_cas1

Postby aldamasta » 21 May 2017, 00:43

^ ha! good point. It's interesting that Damon is sort of comparing the new GBQ record to Parklife, cos I remember the first one being compared a lot to MLIR.
aldamasta

Postby bugman » 21 May 2017, 13:46

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/WPCR-17835

2 new tracks are coming .
They are:
Andromeda (D.R.A.M. Special)
Busted And Blue (Faia Younan Special)

and yes, they are the same as a versions from super deluxe vinyl edition
bugman

Postby Mallard No. 22 » 23 May 2017, 05:36

Forever Low Man wrote:bands have classics. new stuff can sometimes become classics, but generally speaking, people want to hear the stuff they already know and love. this isn't just a gorillaz thing, it's an everyone thing. oasis trudged on for 14 more years after morning glory came out, but if they reformed, people would pretty much be excited to hear stuff from the first two albums and that's it. at least in the uk, i bet people go to see blur not because they love "lonesome street" but because they love "parklife".

Yes, spot on. Blur had quite a long period in this respect, probably covering all the albums in the 90s, and most certainly with the Britpop trilogy (1993-95). Similarly, Gorillaz had it with the first two albums.

I don't think 'Humanz' is as commercial as other Gorillaz albums. I haven't listened to BBC 6Music as much lately, though 'We Got The Power' was played on there yesterday. I avoid Radio Two, but I can imagine 'We Got The Power' getting playlisted, because the 'positivity' in the song title chimes with their thinking. Have they been playing it?
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."
Mallard No. 22

Postby Sledge Hammer » 23 May 2017, 21:28

Mallard No. 22 wrote:
Forever Low Man wrote:bands have classics. new stuff can sometimes become classics, but generally speaking, people want to hear the stuff they already know and love. this isn't just a gorillaz thing, it's an everyone thing. oasis trudged on for 14 more years after morning glory came out, but if they reformed, people would pretty much be excited to hear stuff from the first two albums and that's it. at least in the uk, i bet people go to see blur not because they love "lonesome street" but because they love "parklife".

Yes, spot on. Blur had quite a long period in this respect, probably covering all the albums in the 90s, and most certainly with the Britpop trilogy (1993-95). Similarly, Gorillaz had it with the first two albums.

I don't think 'Humanz' is as commercial as other Gorillaz albums. I haven't listened to BBC 6Music as much lately, though 'We Got The Power' was played on there yesterday. I avoid Radio Two, but I can imagine 'We Got The Power' getting playlisted, because the 'positivity' in the song title chimes with their thinking. Have they been playing it?

ZERO plays on radio 2, its on all day at work...nothing from the new album on Britain's biggest radio station
Sledge Hammer

Postby Rubi » 24 May 2017, 00:15

Sledge Hammer wrote:
Mallard No. 22 wrote:

ZERO plays on radio 2, its on all day at work...nothing from the new album on Britain's biggest radio station

Oh noes!
Rubi

Postby tom_cas1 » 25 May 2017, 00:16

Radio 2 not picking any songs really means absolutely NOTHING when it comes to how good the album is. Sledge clutching at straws here.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
tom_cas1

Postby KingLouieLouie76 » 25 May 2017, 02:05

I have to rank/rate "Humanz" as one of the least radio or single friendly albums ever and I'm not criticizing it whatsoever. It's probably the best album (which I've said a few times before) is best suited to listen to an its entirely in a club or in your own home. Radio and singles are a complete injustice to the "atmosphere" that Damon was aiming here!
KingLouieLouie76

PreviousNext

Return to Blur