GORILLAZ: Humanz Album Thread // 28th April

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: MrMagpie, tom_cas1, Caitlin

Re: GORILLAZ: Humanz Album Thread // 28th April

Postby metalhipslop » 21 Apr 2017, 08:04

But HE IS ON THE ALBUM... like on 11 songs... actually plus more.. he's on the whole album..since he's doing most/ if all the beats and production. shame you only like his voice even though he is more than just a vocalist... and. news flash... gorillaz is damon collaborating with people

I know it's "only my opinion" but it really bothers me. a good gorillaz album doesn't need damon vocals on every song. want proof? check out The Fall. That album is 90 percent Damon and yet it is considered the worst gorillaz release by fans.
I'd love to stay here and be normal, but it's just so overrated!
metalhipslop

Postby semi » 21 Apr 2017, 08:38

The Fall is better to me even not being good, but at least is more Gorillaz than this. And Gorillaz is not about others singing Damon songs. Have we forgot the first album??? That was Gorillaz (two people collaborating). Demon Days had more collaborations but they were good enough. Plastic Beach had even more and it wasn't as good as the others but it was still good.

To me this album is a mediocre Ipad album made by Damon with collaborators and no cohesion between songs. Just enjoying a couple of songs really. 5-6 listenable songs.

If this is the best Damon kept since plastic beach for Gorillaz.... I was expecting much much more. In 7 years the least what you can do is have 1 good song each year saved for this album. That would have made at least a 7/10 album (like Plastic Beach for me)

At least they did The Magic Whip. Well... it was Graham who did it.
semi

Postby bugman » 21 Apr 2017, 11:05

this is my first gorillaz album, where i like every track. i don't want skip any of them. of course, we have better and worse tracks but i don't hate them like previous albums (19-200, latin simone, all alone, white flag, glitter freeze)

Most disappointed song for me is.... Momentz.... don't like computer voice on this track, if they put normal voice, it will sound so so much better, but still it's so catchy!
bugman

Postby britpopunionblur » 21 Apr 2017, 11:44

metalhipslop wrote:But HE IS ON THE ALBUM... like on 11 songs... actually plus more.. he's on the whole album..since he's doing most/ if all the beats and production. shame you only like his voice even though he is more than just a vocalist... and. news flash... gorillaz is damon collaborating with people

I know it's "only my opinion" but it really bothers me. a good gorillaz album doesn't need damon vocals on every song. want proof? check out The Fall. That album is 90 percent Damon and yet it is considered the worst gorillaz release by fans.

I respect all the work that goes into it. Just feel that Damon should sing more. I mean every release its got less and less. Plus is he just collaborating for the sake now because that's what Gorillaz are supposed to do. Plus The Fall is literally a demos album of ideas he made on his IPAD. I still enjoy some tracks. It's really not meant to be a big studio effort. it's more comparable to DEMOCRAZY. Just not really feeling the album so far. It's pretty good in some momenetz. Just feel we were spoiled with most of the other songs and they were mostly the BEST stuff off the album. I LIKED-LOVED most of the singles released but feel most of the rest besides Submission and She's my Collar being nice add on. Plus if your saying he's singing on 11 songs I will make the case that his parts are very minimal in that Stylo sense on a lot of the songs. Also just find Damon doesn't do much with his voice these days and comes off very monotone. It's like he makes his guest out shine him with there more clear loud voices.

I'll write track reviews below. I'll keep it short. Will include interludes though they don't mean much

01 “Intro: I Switched My Robot Off” 8/10
02 “Ascension” (Feat. Vince Staples) 9/10
03 “Strobelite” (Feat. Peven Everett) 7.5/10 (Little long, need better quality version
04 “Saturnz Barz” (Feat. Popcaan) (8/10)
05 “Momentz” (Feat. De La Soul) (4/10)
06 “Interlude: The Non-conformist Oath” (9/10)
07 “Submission” (Feat. Danny Brown & Kelela)(10/10)
08 “Charger” (Feat. Grace Jones) (4.5/10)
09 “Interlude: Elevator Going Up” (10/10) (FAVORITE INTERLUDE)
10 “Andromeda” (Feat. D.R.A.M.) (10/10)
11 “Busted And Blue” (8/10)
12 “Interlude: Talk Radio” (5/10)
13 “Carnival” (Feat. Anthony Hamilton) (3/10)
14 “Let Me Out” (Feat. Mavis Staples & Pusha T) (6/10)
15 “Interlude: Penthouse” (7/10)
16 “Sex Murder Party” (Feat. Jamie Principle & Zebra Katz) (6.5/10)
17 “She’s My Collar” (Feat. Kali Uchis) (7/10)
18 “Interlude: The Elephant” (5/10)
19 “Hallelujah Money” (Feat. Benjamin Clementine) (5/10)
20 “We Got The Power” (Feat. Jehnny Beth) (7.5/10)
file:///C:/Users/Bluroasis/Desktop/Hipsters%20Hate%20Us%20107.3%20-%20Vail%20Vail%20Binks%208.jpg

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT IN THE END. IF IT'S NOT ALRIGHT IT'S NOT THE END.
britpopunionblur

Postby britpopunionblur » 21 Apr 2017, 11:51

bugman wrote:this is my first gorillaz album, where i like every track. i don't want skip any of them. of course, we have better and worse tracks but i don't hate them like previous albums (19-200, latin simone, all alone, white flag, glitter freeze)

Most disappointed song for me is.... Momentz.... don't like computer voice on this track, if they put normal voice, it will sound so so much better, but still it's so catchy!

Momentz is not that good. 19-2000 (good), Latin simone (not for me), All Alone (it's ok), White Flag (Like it), Glitter Freeze (TOP THREE FAV SONGS OFF PLASTIC BEACH. Love the synth sound)
file:///C:/Users/Bluroasis/Desktop/Hipsters%20Hate%20Us%20107.3%20-%20Vail%20Vail%20Binks%208.jpg

britpopunionblur

Postby britpopunionblur » 21 Apr 2017, 12:03

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fdKyLAWQKc This guy has a review on youtube

britpopunionblur

Postby britpopunionblur » 21 Apr 2017, 12:10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAUO4IoGgkY another review lol This one made me laugh

britpopunionblur

Postby davidsutter » 21 Apr 2017, 14:39

There are songs that don't feature Damon's vocals, yes, but it's better than Plastic Beach in that regard.
You only hear him do a lead four songs in on that one.
davidsutter

Postby bugman » 21 Apr 2017, 15:00

davidsutter wrote:There are songs that don't feature Damon's vocals, yes, but it's better than Plastic Beach in that regard.
You only hear him do a lead four songs in on that one.

only 2 tracks (for 14) haven't damon's voice, so it's not a problem. On andromeda, charger, she's a collar, busted he is a main vocalist.
bugman

Postby tom_cas1 » 21 Apr 2017, 15:32

Damon not taking lead vocals was an issue for me but only before I heard the album. Now my worries have completely disappeared. Like I said before, Humanz is the perfect mix of Damon and guest vocalists. Absolutely perfect. God I love this album, I can only imagine how great it's going to sound in superior quality instead of a vinyl rip.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
tom_cas1

Postby windymiller » 21 Apr 2017, 16:09

The house party has just gone live. Just booted my app up and clicked on the window. A water diviner appeared onscreen along with the nearest location. Unfortunately its in a random park 20km away so I'll be giving it a miss.
windymiller

Postby Dekagamer7X9 » 21 Apr 2017, 16:58

I think one problem I have with the album is that all of the instrumentation is very simplistic and sounds like it was made the same way The Fall was, which really rubs me the wrong way since Gorillaz is supposed to be a cartoon BAND. This music doesn't sound like a band made it at all.
Dekagamer7X9

PreviousNext

Return to Blur