Page 1 of 1

the new Courtney Barnett album

Posted: 29 May 2018, 22:10
by MsMagicAmerica
Has anyone heard her new album? I have to admit, when I saw her open up for Blur I tried to like her but I only liked a few songs. However, I heard snippets of her new album after someone who didn't like her told me it was a good album, and I liked what I heard.

What does everyone else think of it? I think I might venture and buy the album.

Re: the new Courtney Barnett album

Posted: 30 May 2018, 07:49
by Neal Zeal
MsMagicAmerica wrote:Has anyone heard her new album? I have to admit, when I saw her open up for Blur I tried to like her but I only liked a few songs. However, I heard snippets of her new album after someone who didn't like her told me it was a good album, and I liked what I heard.

What does everyone else think of it? I think I might venture and buy the album.
I'll take Hatchie over Courtney any time! I too bought CBs first album as I liked a song or two I'd heard on the radio. But it was hard work and just pretty grating. Might check out a new CB song on YouTube but I think it's just her voice that puts me off and there's not much you can do about that.

Re: the new Courtney Barnett album

Posted: 30 May 2018, 13:44
by TripleJay97
Absolutely love her stuff. Seeing her on Monday!

Re: the new Courtney Barnett album

Posted: 07 Jun 2018, 06:10
by Mallard No. 22
She gets much airplay on BBC 6Music - I quite like what I hear, though I take the point about her 'distinctive' voice. Don't think I will buy her albums.

Re: the new Courtney Barnett album

Posted: 07 Jun 2018, 16:27
by aldamasta
Love her first EP and first album, but the Kurt Vile collab sort of lost me. I bought the vinyl but have barely spun it. I guess that's why I haven't yet purchased the new album, but I'm gonna have to grab it before I see her live in July at a festival near me.

Re: the new Courtney Barnett album

Posted: 08 Jun 2018, 00:07
by TripleJay97
The Kurt Vile album was wank, the new one more than makes up for it though. It’s very raw, but a lot of fun too. Blur fans should dig it.

Re: the new Courtney Barnett album

Posted: 10 Jun 2018, 20:11
by Lt Pinkerton
TripleJay97 wrote:Absolutely love her stuff. Seeing her on Monday!
Wtf I was there as well. Are you living in Manchester or something now kiddo?

Re: the new Courtney Barnett album

Posted: 10 Jun 2018, 20:12
by Lt Pinkerton
TripleJay97 wrote:The Kurt Vile album was wank, the new one more than makes up for it though. It’s very raw, but a lot of fun too. Blur fans should dig it.
Here to echo this sentiment too. Fuck Kurt Vile and his boring dad rock shit

Re: the new Courtney Barnett album

Posted: 20 Jun 2018, 23:21
by TripleJay97
Lt Pinkerton wrote:
TripleJay97 wrote:Absolutely love her stuff. Seeing her on Monday!
Wtf I was there as well. Are you living in Manchester or something now kiddo?
Yes, since September! I move back up north in a week :lol:

Re: the new Courtney Barnett album

Posted: 20 Jun 2018, 23:45
by Lt Pinkerton
TripleJay97 wrote:
Lt Pinkerton wrote:
TripleJay97 wrote:Absolutely love her stuff. Seeing her on Monday!
Wtf I was there as well. Are you living in Manchester or something now kiddo?
Yes, since September! I move back up north in a week :lol:
Fuckkk are you here for uni or something? Let's hang out when you get back!

Re: the new Courtney Barnett album

Posted: 22 Jun 2018, 15:37
by TripleJay97
^Yeah, sounds good!