Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Lt Pinkerton

Re: Steven P Morrissey - new album out in November

Post by Lt Pinkerton » 13 Oct 2017, 14:10

Spent The Day In Bed is embarrassing

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 15 Oct 2017, 03:21

My Love is interesting. A more rock sound, but not nasty chug rock as always.

Neal Zeal, what are your thoughts on Moz releasing All the Young... or perhaps I Wish You Lonely a couple weeks before the album comes out? A lot of people on the moz solo forum assume that's what he'll do. Surely will boost sales... but will it be enough to take down T Swift for a week? Very interested in his sales. Especially since Spent the Day shot up 279 spots on the chart to #34 and is now #29 in the top 30 airplay. Seems hopeful for mozzer.

Neal Zeal

Post by Neal Zeal » 16 Oct 2017, 08:51

aldamasta wrote:My Love is interesting. A more rock sound, but not nasty chug rock as always.

Neal Zeal, what are your thoughts on Moz releasing All the Young... or perhaps I Wish You Lonely a couple weeks before the album comes out? A lot of people on the moz solo forum assume that's what he'll do. Surely will boost sales... but will it be enough to take down T Swift for a week? Very interested in his sales. Especially since Spent the Day shot up 279 spots on the chart to #34 and is now #29 in the top 30 airplay. Seems hopeful for mozzer.
I don't know - the timing is odd. Single's been out a while, tour starts end of Oct, why wait til Nov 17th to release album? Nov 3rd would have guaranteed a number 1 as it's before Taylor Swift's album comes out but there is no chance of dislodging that for a few weeks after its release.

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 25 Oct 2017, 16:37

I Wish You Lonely to be the next single! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0tJ0rc3zKY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 17 Nov 2017, 21:56

It's officially OUT!!! What are your all's thoughts? Loving this much more than World Peace. My fav Moz album since either You Are The Quarry or Vauxhall & I, as I may love LIHS more than YATQ.

Neal Zeal

Post by Neal Zeal » 19 Nov 2017, 23:39

aldamasta wrote:It's officially OUT!!! What are your all's thoughts? Loving this much more than World Peace. My fav Moz album since either You Are The Quarry or Vauxhall & I, as I may love LIHS more than YATQ.
Naughty me, I've yet to buy but hope to, tomorrow.
I imagine the music is generally v good, but I am pretty worried about the lyrics. 3 of the songs on World Peace were ruined for me by the lyrics. Expect it may be double that number on the new one...