Girls Aloud

Other music and recommendations.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

AdvertBreak

Girls Aloud

Post by AdvertBreak » 01 Jul 2017, 15:17

Best pop group of the 2000s (except for Basement Jaxx) and it's taken me until 2017 to realize it.

Caitlin

Re: Girls Aloud

Post by Caitlin » 01 Jul 2017, 23:44

No Good Advice is one of my favourites - I haven't thought about it for quite a while, so thank you for creating this thread and triggering my memory. :lol:

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 02 Jul 2017, 03:01

Define pop though. If we're talking all female pop groups of the 2000's my vote goes to the Sugababes. The original and second lineups.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

AdvertBreak

Post by AdvertBreak » 02 Jul 2017, 14:44

tom_cas1 wrote:Define pop though.
Usually I describe most things as pop but here I meant groups that were first and foremost pop/dance-pop instead of a subgenre (indie, dance, etc) (ok, Basement Jaxx are first and foremost a house duo but their 2000s singles work so perfectly as maximalist pop gems like Trevor Horn or indeed Xenomania that I felt it crucial to mention them anyway).

Yeah I love a lot of 1st/2nd-line up Sugababes' stuff too and they're very close. They'd be equal if they had as many classics imo (Particularly prefer the Xenomania stuff, like In the Middle or Red Dress, but there's less Xenomania in their discography compared to Girls Aloud. However, having said that, my 2 fav Sugababes songs are probably Freak Like Me and Overload).
Caitlin wrote:No Good Advice is one of my favourites - I haven't thought about it for quite a while, so thank you for creating this thread and triggering my memory. :lol:
No problem lol. When I was going through their discography a few months ago I was surprised to find out I knew more of their songs than I thought I did, just not by name necessarily.

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 07 Jul 2017, 13:19

:) The Sugababes, Girls Aloud and Liberty X all had their good pop moments in that period (early - mid 2000s).
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."