2017 Rock-N-Roll Hall of Fame Inductees Are.....

Other music and recommendations.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

KingLouieLouie76

Re: 2017 Rock-N-Roll Hall of Fame Inductees Are.....

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 22 Dec 2016, 21:34

tom_cas1 wrote:Not bad, not bad. Glad Janet Jackson didn't make the cut.

I'm just livid that they waited until "Mr. Yes" passed! Squire obviously was in every incarnation until his death. Journey is more than just "Don't Stop Believing'... They started as a rather progressive band and then became more into Corporate Rock to survey the music scene at the time (IE MTV oriented).... ELO had some moments and Pearl Jam was among the founding fathers of Grunge. Joan Baez and of course Tupac both made tremendous impacts in their respective genres.... So, pretty geeked and I hope Steve Perry joins Journey onstage.....

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 22 Dec 2016, 21:39

I'll be honest, I only know Journey from that one song and I haven't listened to Tupac at all. But I know they're big names in music and deserve this recognition. Really happy that ELO are in as well, that should be a really cool performance. If only George Harrison was alive today, if he were I'd imagine he'd help induct them in some way or at least perform with them on stage. I wonder if Dhani will turn up? Tom Petty probably will.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 22 Dec 2016, 22:01

Journey started out with 3 key members from Santana's earlier bands, teenage guitar virtuoso, Neal Schon, vocalist/keyboardist, Greg Rolie, and bassist, Ross Valory. They had more a definitive harder sound until Steve Perry took over on vocals and then really dramatically changed when Johnathan Cain came in and replaced Rolie... They balanced hard-rock and ballads pretty effectively.. "Frontiers" and "Escape" are both worth checking out.... Perry left and they haven't been the same since.....I could go on and on per usual....

Yeah... I bet Petty would induct ELO in..... Here's a song that one of last year's inductees, Cheap Truck sung on their 1977 self-titled debut album... "ELO Kiddies".... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJWsK9IYhwU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;