2017 Rock-N-Roll Hall of Fame Inductees Are.....

Other music and recommendations.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

KingLouieLouie76

2017 Rock-N-Roll Hall of Fame Inductees Are.....

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 18 Oct 2016, 13:24

I believe Pearl Jam, Depeche Mode, Tupac, and Yes are a cinch to be inducted.... https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news ... es-w445147" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by KingLouieLouie76 on 20 Dec 2016, 16:37, edited 1 time in total.

tom_cas1

Re: List of 2017 Rock-N-Roll Hall of Fame Candidates

Post by tom_cas1 » 18 Oct 2016, 14:24

Janet Jackson and Chaka Khan get nominated for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame yet Derek and the Dominos remain out in the cold and ignored once again. Ludicrous.

Also I think it's interesting to note that Blur are technically eligible to be nominated. This years bunch had to have released their first single and album in 1991 or before. :mrgreen:
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Miki

Post by Miki » 18 Oct 2016, 14:47

Disappointed that Blur are not included :(

Still, Joan Baez is yet to be inducted :o
There's always time, I guess.
I've been drifting along in the same stale old shoes
Loose ends tyin' a noose in the back of my mind...

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 18 Oct 2016, 15:15

I'll go back yet again on my Monkees continuous snubbing! Also, even the Go-Go's deserve the nod! I know most would balk at that last one, but "Beauty and the Beat" alone has matured well for over 30-years along w/the rest of their catalog and their 2001 release "God Bless the Go-Gos" went completely under the radar and had several impressive tracks!

I would love if the Cars and Journey were finally elected! Journey induction might prompt Steve Perry to reunite w/them!

Blur....I don't know if they sustained so much success here in the States unfortunately in order to be considered...

Another band is Duran Duran....Yes, we can go on and on... haha

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 19 Oct 2016, 06:22

tom_cas1 wrote:Derek and the Dominos remain out in the cold and ignored once again. Ludicrous.
I suspect it is because Derek & The Dominos was very short-lived as an act in itself. Good though they were.
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."

davidsutter

Post by davidsutter » 19 Oct 2016, 17:54

And Clapton's already in like three times over, right?

ELO, Kraftwerk and the Zombies are all very overdue. I'm glad they're getting shots.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 19 Oct 2016, 21:54

Clapton's in there three times, yes, but that shouldn't matter. He could arguably be in there ANOTHER three times:

1) As a member of John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers.
2) Blind Faith.
3) Derek and the Dominos.

Blind Faith are probably less likely to be in there if I'm honest but I'm surprised John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers aren't in there yet, especially considering how influential that Beano album was for British blues at the time. Hugely influential. Ex-members include Clapton, Peter Green and Mick Taylor too.

Whether or not Clapton is already in there is irrelevant, frankly. Genius has to be rewarded, and the guy was a member of so many legendary bands.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 19 Oct 2016, 22:01

tom_cas1 wrote:Clapton's in there three times, yes, but that shouldn't matter. He could arguably be in there ANOTHER three times:

1) As a member of John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers.
2) Blind Faith.
3) Derek and the Dominos.

Blind Faith are probably less likely to be in there if I'm honest but I'm surprised John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers aren't in there yet, especially considering how influential that Beano album was for British blues at the time. Hugely influential. Ex-members include Clapton, Peter Green and Mick Taylor too.

Whether or not Clapton is already in there is irrelevant, frankly. Genius has to be rewarded, and the guy was a member of so many legendary bands.
I wonder if they're apprehensive because of Jim Gordon? I guess several just think of them as merely as "Layla" and nothing else whatsoever. Whitlock deserves to be in sure...even Radle.......

Blind Faith would probably be considered over D&D because at least 3 of the primary members are still alive and that album really stands out quite a bit.. but obviously those 3 are already enshrined..... "D&D" stands-out more to hardcore music lovers like us! It's really hard to say....

I love that also Journey and the Cars are being recognized with the MC5!

MsMagicAmerica

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 19 Oct 2016, 23:38

Wait, ELO aren't in there but they're thinking of inducting RAP into a ROCK 'N ROLL hall of fame????

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 20 Oct 2016, 06:30

MsMagicAmerica wrote:Wait, ELO aren't in there but they're thinking of inducting RAP into a ROCK 'N ROLL hall of fame????

NWA was inducted last year and a few other Rap acts have preceded them. But yeah, ELO (IE Jeff Lynne) should have been inducted by now. Several consider the HOF as a farce....It was quite hysterical how Steve Miller imploded this past year after his induction!

Forever Low Man

Post by Forever Low Man » 21 Oct 2016, 01:02

tom_cas1 wrote:Clapton's in there three times, yes, but that shouldn't matter. He could arguably be in there ANOTHER three times:
but he shouldn't be
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners

xdrake24

Post by xdrake24 » 23 Oct 2016, 14:36

Its a shame Blur aren't thought of to be nominated here, and it looks like the Smiths didn't get another chance. Is there any hope at all for blur in the future? (unfortunately it might go to Radiohead or Oasis. love those bands too, but blurs my favorite)

mr_spenalzo

Post by mr_spenalzo » 24 Oct 2016, 18:35

tom_cas1 wrote:Genius has to be rewarded
Being a genius is its own reward. Ask Dylan ;)

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 20 Dec 2016, 14:46

Well...the official induction class has been announced:

Congrats to ELO, Pearl Jam, Yes, Journey, Joan Baez, and Tupac! Also Niles Rodgers is being awarded for "Musical Excellence"......

https://www.rockhall.com/class-2017-inductions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tom_cas1

Re: 2017 Rock-N-Roll Hall of Fame Inductees Are.....

Post by tom_cas1 » 22 Dec 2016, 18:31

Not bad, not bad. Glad Janet Jackson didn't make the cut.