Apple Music

Other music and recommendations.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

tom_cas1

Apple Music

Post by tom_cas1 » 30 Jun 2015, 13:43

Who here is excited to use Apple Music today? It's released at 4pm in the UK and I cannot wait! You just know this is going to be good, especially after the BRILLIANT Taylor Swift PR stunt a week or so ago.

I have iTunes and Spotify but Spotify (for me at least) is slow, annoying, and just plain ugly. I've used Apple products for 20 years now ever since the 6200 was released in 1995 (pre-return of Steve Jobs and all the products that followed) and they are THE BEST, I've no doubt this music service will be spectacular as well.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Lt Pinkerton

Re: Apple Music

Post by Lt Pinkerton » 30 Jun 2015, 14:08

Concerning music, Apple stopped being the best (if they ever were) years ago. Their iPods are overpriced and aren't about the music anymore, you have to pay a shitload of money for a 64 gbs iPod Touch and they're not even selling the iPod classic anymore. Any FiiO product kicks Apple's ass right now. As for Spotify, it works perfectly fine for me and I don't find it expensive at all.

I bought a second hand iPod Touch years ago and was satisfied with it until one day it just stopped working, same with an iPod Nano. I'll try this thingy if there's a free trial or something, but I'm far from excited.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 30 Jun 2015, 14:20

There's a free 3 month trial available from the start.

I have an iPod from 2005 and it's still working. It's the video iPod. Love it. I'll be very sad the day it decides to die because they don't do Classics anymore and I don't want an iPod touch. Hopefully they'll bring the Classics back at some point.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Consigliere_11

Post by Consigliere_11 » 30 Jun 2015, 14:23

Apple Music is the first really big streaming service to launch in Russia, so I'm really exited about today. I'd also like to listen to Beats One - musician-cured shows sound promising!
RIP Mr. Okay (April 2015 - March 2016)

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 30 Jun 2015, 16:08

I have it! Downloaded the iPhone update and Apple Music comes as standard, started the free 3 month trial...oh boy, very very nice! Easy to use, visually amazing, quick, just what you'd expect from Apple. This will be the death of Spotify.

TripleJay97

Post by TripleJay97 » 30 Jun 2015, 17:33

Can I get it on Desktop?

Pasta

Post by Pasta » 30 Jun 2015, 19:31

music streaming isn't very good ok

He's So High

Post by He's So High » 30 Jun 2015, 20:02

Pasta wrote:music streaming isn't very good ok
It's probably the future.

Anyway, downloaded on my phone and enjoying it so far. Looking forward to St Vincent's radio show. Although it is slightly odd that you can't use it on the computer yet (it requires iTunes 12.2 which hasn't been released yet :roll: ).

Pasta

Post by Pasta » 30 Jun 2015, 20:32

He's So High wrote:
i'd rather not have my entire music collection owned by a big company with high suicide rates for it's workers and a lack of tax-paying that can do whatever it wants to for my music and charge me whatever it wants to...

i don't see the appeal

Lt Pinkerton

Post by Lt Pinkerton » 30 Jun 2015, 20:34

He's So High wrote:

Anyway, downloaded on my phone and enjoying it so far. Looking forward to St Vincent's radio show. Although it is slightly odd that you can't use it on the computer yet (it requires iTunes 12.2 which hasn't been released yet :roll: ).
Ugh, I've been uninstalling and installing for half an hour :lol:
What's wrong with it? The only negative aspect I can think of is artists seeing fewer money than they should, but that's 2015 music industry for you anyway!

He's So High

Post by He's So High » 30 Jun 2015, 20:42

Yeah bit of an own goal from Apple on that front - you would have thought that iTunes would be ready to go at the same time as the app.

Pasta - I can kind of see where you're coming from, I like the idea of 'owning' things as well, even if it is just an MP3. I think it's just about changing attitudes.

Consigliere_11

Post by Consigliere_11 » 30 Jun 2015, 20:53

As soon as I launched Music, it offered me to listen to the playlist of blur deep-cuts - is if I didn't know them :lol:
After playing around for some time, I can say that it is very pleasing and intuitive. But we didn't get Beats One, which disappoints a bit.. But it is better than everything else I've seen and tried!
RIP Mr. Okay (April 2015 - March 2016)

twostep

Post by twostep » 30 Jun 2015, 21:17

I'm not wild about it but will have to give it a bit more of a go. Nothing particularly special has jumped out at me yet. I pay for spotify premium atm and I'm not gonna pay for both so I guess I'll decide in three months which is worth keeping!
it's me, d4p

they would compare her to lilies, and she had to go to parties, and london was so dreary

He's So High

Post by He's So High » 30 Jun 2015, 21:29

twostep wrote:I'm not wild about it but will have to give it a bit more of a go. Nothing particularly special has jumped out at me yet. I pay for spotify premium atm and I'm not gonna pay for both so I guess I'll decide in three months which is worth keeping!
Same situation here. I use a bit of everything - vinyl for my fave stuff, MP3 for stuff I 'want', and Spotify premium for everything else. Doesn't really feel like the most efficient way I could do it, but still not convinced enough by streaming to completely stop buying MP3s.

Pasta

Post by Pasta » 30 Jun 2015, 22:35

He's So High wrote:Yeah bit of an own goal from Apple on that front - you would have thought that iTunes would be ready to go at the same time as the app.

Pasta - I can kind of see where you're coming from, I like the idea of 'owning' things as well, even if it is just an MP3. I think it's just about changing attitudes.
Personally I prefer physical formats but I can see the draw of owning mp3 / flac / whatever but music streaming just doesn't appeal