Tame Impala Thread

Other music and recommendations.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Post Reply
User avatar
Miki
Posts: 2034
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 16:35
Location: South of England

Tame Impala Thread

Post by Miki » 11 Apr 2015, 21:55

There's a new album in the works and they played Coachella last night (full set here, but I suspect it won't stay up for long). They played the two singles from the upcoming album, Let It Happen and 'Cause I'm A Man

Any other fan?
I've been drifting along in the same stale old shoes
Loose ends tyin' a noose in the back of my mind...

Image

User avatar
SeverHense
Posts: 217
Joined: 04 Mar 2015, 22:06
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Tame Impala Thread

Post by SeverHense » 11 Apr 2015, 22:14

Yep. Excited for the new album. They were my favorite Coachella set yesterday (with Ride and Cloud Nothings close seconds).

User avatar
He's So High
Posts: 1019
Joined: 10 Sep 2014, 17:22
Location: Birmingham, U.K.

Re: Tame Impala Thread

Post by He's So High » 12 Apr 2015, 11:36

Great band. Really liking the two new songs as well, and I'm glad to hear they gave a decent performance at Coachella. I've seen them twice, both at festivals, and Kevin didn't really look like he wanted to be there. Particularly at Leeds Festival in 2013, Imagine Dragons had overrun before them quite badly and so Tame Impala had to shorten their set quite a lot; Kevin spent the entire time making sarcastic comments about ID.

And that video has been taken down as you predicted, but there's a new one up.

Sean
Posts: 667
Joined: 23 Mar 2015, 00:24

Re: Tame Impala Thread

Post by Sean » 13 Apr 2015, 22:48

Love them. Huge Kevin Parker fanboi. Love the new tunes too - Let It Happen in particular is fucking great.
Twitter: @shornKOOMINS

User avatar
tom_cas1
Moderator
Posts: 7713
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 15:13

Re: Tame Impala Thread

Post by tom_cas1 » 13 Apr 2015, 23:30

I have their first two albums and quite like them, although I'm not PROPERLY into them. I'll definitely check out the new album though.
Image
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

User avatar
Forever Low Man
Posts: 2254
Joined: 12 Sep 2014, 16:47
Location: A million miles away, in your backyard
Contact:

Re: Tame Impala Thread

Post by Forever Low Man » 14 Apr 2015, 00:54

Innerspeaker is amazing. Lonerism is ridiculously disappointing in comparison.
Image
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners

User avatar
He's So High
Posts: 1019
Joined: 10 Sep 2014, 17:22
Location: Birmingham, U.K.

Re: Tame Impala Thread

Post by He's So High » 14 Apr 2015, 09:08

Forever Low Man wrote:Innerspeaker is amazing. Lonerism is ridiculously disappointing in comparison.
Really? How do you figure that? For me Lonerism is just expanding on everything that made the first record great; it's a lot more focussed as well.

Sean
Posts: 667
Joined: 23 Mar 2015, 00:24

Re: Tame Impala Thread

Post by Sean » 14 Apr 2015, 09:39

He's So High wrote:
Forever Low Man wrote:Innerspeaker is amazing. Lonerism is ridiculously disappointing in comparison.
Really? How do you figure that? For me Lonerism is just expanding on everything that made the first record great; it's a lot more focussed as well.
Agreed, a natural progression and a better record IMO.
Twitter: @shornKOOMINS

User avatar
TripleJay97
Posts: 7035
Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 17:42
Location: Royston Vasey

Re: Tame Impala Thread

Post by TripleJay97 » 14 Apr 2015, 09:51

Never listened to them. Are they worth getting into?
Image

User avatar
AdvertBreak
Posts: 5579
Joined: 24 Jan 2015, 17:34
Location: Gorgeous Wiltshire

Re: Tame Impala Thread

Post by AdvertBreak » 14 Apr 2015, 10:19

Fuck yes. I agree though Lonerism is better.

User avatar
Forever Low Man
Posts: 2254
Joined: 12 Sep 2014, 16:47
Location: A million miles away, in your backyard
Contact:

Re: Tame Impala Thread

Post by Forever Low Man » 14 Apr 2015, 11:33

Nope. Innerspeaker has the amazing three song run of Desire Be Desire Go > Alter Ego > Lucidity.
Image
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners

User avatar
He's So High
Posts: 1019
Joined: 10 Sep 2014, 17:22
Location: Birmingham, U.K.

Re: Tame Impala Thread

Post by He's So High » 14 Apr 2015, 11:35

Forever Low Man wrote:Nope. Innerspeaker has the amazing three song run of Desire Be Desire Go > Alter Ego > Lucidity.
Fair enough, but to be honest I've always felt that Alter Ego is a little aimless.

Besides, I think that three song stretch is surpassed by Feels Like We Only Go Backwards > Keep On Lying > Elephant.

Sean
Posts: 667
Joined: 23 Mar 2015, 00:24

Re: Tame Impala Thread

Post by Sean » 14 Apr 2015, 11:43

He's So High wrote:
Forever Low Man wrote:Nope. Innerspeaker has the amazing three song run of Desire Be Desire Go > Alter Ego > Lucidity.
Fair enough, but to be honest I've always felt that Alter Ego is a little aimless.

Besides, I think that three song stretch is surpassed by Feels Like We Only Go Backwards > Keep On Lying > Elephant.
Yep.

+ She Just Won't Believe Me > Nothing That Has Ever Happened....
Twitter: @shornKOOMINS

User avatar
He's So High
Posts: 1019
Joined: 10 Sep 2014, 17:22
Location: Birmingham, U.K.

Re: Tame Impala Thread

Post by He's So High » 14 Apr 2015, 11:58

Sean wrote:
He's So High wrote:
Forever Low Man wrote:Nope. Innerspeaker has the amazing three song run of Desire Be Desire Go > Alter Ego > Lucidity.
Fair enough, but to be honest I've always felt that Alter Ego is a little aimless.

Besides, I think that three song stretch is surpassed by Feels Like We Only Go Backwards > Keep On Lying > Elephant.
Yep.

+ She Just Won't Believe Me > Nothing That Has Ever Happened....
Looks like we're in agreement!

This is of course all relative, I still think Innerspeaker is a great record (the EP is pretty good, too). From the sounds of the two new songs it looks like they'll be continuing this upward trend.

User avatar
Miki
Posts: 2034
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 16:35
Location: South of England

Re: Tame Impala Thread

Post by Miki » 14 Apr 2015, 19:54

TripleJay97 wrote:Never listened to them. Are they worth getting into?
Definitely.
I've been drifting along in the same stale old shoes
Loose ends tyin' a noose in the back of my mind...

Image

Post Reply