Noel Gallagher's solo stuff - yes or no?

Other music and recommendations.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

tom_cas1

Re: Noel Gallagher's solo stuff - yes or no?

Post by tom_cas1 » 25 Sep 2017, 17:43

I'm no fan of Oasis and didn't really pay attention to Noel's previous two albums but this one might interest me. While Liam has stuck to the conventional Oasis-like sound on his new album, Noel is moving away from that into new territory. Actually looking forward to listening to this.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Mark72

Post by Mark72 » 25 Sep 2017, 17:56

Looking forward to Noel's third LP as I am Liam's. Chinatown is my favourite from Liam so far. Noel's sounding psychedelic really like it.
“I need something to remind me that there’s something else”

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 25 Sep 2017, 18:04

^ I hadn't heard Chinatown but I just gave it a listen. The lyrics are fucking tragic. He's trying way too hard to be John Lennon.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Mark72

Post by Mark72 » 25 Sep 2017, 18:10

I like Liam for his comedic value in interviews, I saw him perform at Glastonbury this year, He was good and the new songs were OK, it was more of a greatest hits show to be fair . I just don't get the hateful tweets to his brother... Maybe it's all a con to get publicity for the record. Supersonic is a great documentary too and worth a watch for nostalgia .

Mark72

Post by Mark72 » 25 Sep 2017, 18:23

Full trailer to Noel's LP
https://youtu.be/WRplVmpZCa8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Second half sounds awesome!!

Sledge Hammer

Post by Sledge Hammer » 25 Sep 2017, 18:48

Sounds sub par Chemical Brothers crossed with U2, lol that Shed Seven's new material is much better and proper and rock than any of the Gallagher's new stuff!

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 25 Sep 2017, 18:59

Mark72 wrote:Full trailer to Noel's LP
https://youtu.be/WRplVmpZCa8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Second half sounds awesome!!
Sound wise this could be far more interesting than anything Damon has done in years.

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 29 Sep 2017, 06:23

Mark72 wrote:I like Liam for his comedic value in interviews, I saw him perform at Glastonbury this year, He was good and the new songs were OK, it was more of a greatest hits show to be fair .
Yes :)
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 29 Sep 2017, 17:02

Yeah and I'm okay with Liam being a sort of greatest hits show. Though there are a few of his new tracks that are great! For What It's Worth is so lovely. I don't care that it's certainly trying to sound like a classic Oasis tune, it sounds really great.

Just grabbed some nice yet relatively inexpensive tickets to see Noel with some of my mates in Indianapolis... gonna be my third time! Noel never disappoints. Anybody else planning on seeing him? I wish I could see Liam too, but I feel like he'll tour plenty next year, so I'll just wait.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 29 Sep 2017, 17:36

It must be tough for Liam knowing that whenever he plays the hits, he has to pay Noel for the privilege. :lol:

Mark72

Post by Mark72 » 29 Sep 2017, 17:41

The way Liam behaves on twitter Noel should bloody deny him to perform any of his songs. Very odd behaviour.

Got myself two standing tickets for Noel in Birmingham next May.

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 29 Sep 2017, 17:56

And for some reason, it seems like the majority of Oasis fans think Liam hung the moon (or built? ;) ) and eat up everything he says. They act like Noel is the enemy, and they hate him for not reforming Oasis! Sorry, but didn't Liam break one of Noel's guitars in a fight in 09 which led to Noel leaving? And there are so many folks claiming Liam WAS Oasis... Liam had an amazing voice for a few years in the 90s, but he only had legendary tunes to sing cos NOEL WROTE THEM.

Sorry about the mini rant! So much makes little sense to me.

Mark72

Post by Mark72 » 29 Sep 2017, 17:57

Liam's voice was terrible on later with Jools the other night.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 29 Sep 2017, 18:15

Has his voice ever been good? Noel is the real talent AND a better singer. Liam is just an asshole. The fake aggression when he performs is vomit inducing.

Sledge Hammer

Post by Sledge Hammer » 29 Sep 2017, 19:16

I was at Knebworth in 1996, job done.

Now we basically have two Oasis tribute acts trying to out do each other with 90% of the crowds just waiting for the Oasis songs, while bands they abused back then like Shed Seven are now far superior.