The Fleetwood Mac Thread

Other music and recommendations.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

tom_cas1

Re: The Fleetwood Mac Thread

Post by tom_cas1 » 06 Aug 2016, 18:35

I'm not a fan of Genesis but I'd love for the original lineup of Fleetwood Mac to reunite. Hell, I'd love it even more if Kirwan were a part of it! Although sadly I think the chances of that are slim to none AT BEST. We're lucky that all the original members are still around though, something that can't be said for a lot of 60's bands. IT NEEDS TO HAPPEN!

I love the original lineup but adding Kirwan really opened up Green as a songwriter, he was finally able to do a lot of things he couldn't with Spencer.

Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 06 Aug 2016, 19:12

First... not obviously the Peter Green Era line-up, but still wouldn't mind if this indeed does materialize: https://teamrock.com/news/2016-08-04/fl ... evie-nicks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I keep on referring it not the original because technically Bob Brunning was the original bassist (albeit obviously for a brief period) before McVie decided to leave the Bluesbreakers. I would love if all of them reformed... Yes.. would be a pipe dream if Kirwan somehow was involved (even if he's still alive for that matter).....

Yes... Kirwan's guitar playing vocals really helped Peter expand his sound. Of course, Spencer was more of a slide-guitarist than anything else. He played piano, but Christie took over that role obviously and I wouldnt mind even if she joined in with the original band to provide additional luster to it.

And that's an excellent photo of them......it all must happen obviously before it's too late......

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 07 Aug 2016, 06:23

As KLL76 says, people with mental health problems can still work to a high standard if their heart, mind and soul are into it. As evidenced on the Peter Green performance in 1981. But the mental health situation makes them unpredictable and unreliable.

I have also seen an interview where IIRC McVie cited the Munich incident as the downfall of Peter Green.

There seems to be similarities between said Munich commune and dark sides of the hippy culture like the 'Manson family'. These people were self-centred and had motives other than goodwill.
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 09 Jun 2018, 03:39

RIP Danny Kirwan.

From Mick Fleetwood:

DANNY KIRWAN
MAY 13, 1950 ~ JUNE 8, 2018
A TRIBUTE FROM
MICK FLEETWOOD AND FLEETWOOD MAC

Today was greeted by the sad news of the passing of Danny Kirwan in London, England. Danny was a huge force in our early years. His love for the Blues led him to being asked to join Fleetwood Mac in 1968, where he made his musical home for many years.

Danny’s true legacy, in my mind, will forever live on in the music he wrote and played so beautifully as a part of the foundation of Fleetwood Mac, that has now endured for over fifty years.
Thank you, Danny Kirwan. You will forever be missed!
~Mick Fleetwood and Fleetwood Mac

ALBUMS FEATURING THE WORK OF DANNY KIRWAN:
Then Play On ​1969
Blues Jam at Chess​1969
Kiln House​1970
Future Games​1971
Bare Trees​1972
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 14 Jun 2018, 05:00

That is a clear tribute from a central figure of Fleetwood Mac.
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."