The Fleetwood Mac Thread

Other music and recommendations.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

KingLouieLouie76

Re: The Fleetwood Mac Thread

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 25 Nov 2014, 05:28

tom_cas1 wrote:Top 10 favourite Mac songs?

Top-10? From all eras combined? So difficult to narrow..... I mean..... Wow! :o

mr_spenalzo

Post by mr_spenalzo » 25 Nov 2014, 19:41

All of Rumours, minus "The Chain" and "Never Going Back Again", plus the beautiful "Everywhere".

I'll show myself the door now.

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 26 Nov 2014, 02:32

mr_spenalzo wrote:
All of Rumours, minus "The Chain" and "Never Going Back Again", plus the beautiful "Everywhere".

I'll show myself the door now.
I agree w/you (also on those two tracks).....

In no particular order:

1) "Rattlesnake Shake"
2) "Black Magic Woman"
3) "Green Manalishi"
4) "Albatross"
5) "Future Games"
6) "Oh Well" (part 1 & 2)
7) "Go Your Own Way"
8) "Miles Away"
9) "Hold Me"
10) "Gypsy"

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 26 Nov 2014, 03:48

I'll come up with a top 10 tomorrow. Yes, all eras.

This is one of my favourite songs. Child Of Mine from the Bare Trees album. The last album to feature Kirwan. Cracking song. They shifted to a more 'mainstream' sound after this album. Downhill in my opinion...
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 14 Dec 2014, 16:22

tom_cas1 wrote:I'll come up with a top 10 tomorrow. Yes, all eras.

This is one of my favourite songs. Child Of Mine from the Bare Trees album. The last album to feature Kirwan. Cracking song. They shifted to a more 'mainstream' sound after this album. Downhill in my opinion...

I love "Child of Mine" as well..... It was awfully difficult to narrow myself down to ten to encompass all eras..... I still wish we knew about Kirwan today.....

AdvertBreak

Post by AdvertBreak » 27 Nov 2015, 00:42

The band's best album Tusk is getting the same treatment that Rumours did a few years ago, maybe even better I dunno.

A 5-CD deluxe edition featuring many unreleased demos, live tracks and an 'Alternate Tusk' :
Tusk remastered
An alternate version of the complete album consisted of session outtakes, most of which have never been released
A selection of singles, demos and remixes
Unreleased performances from the band’s 1979 Tusk tour with selections from concerts in London, Tucson, and St. Louis.
5.1 surround mix - DVD
Tusk – 2LP 180-gram vinyl

A more digestable 3CD set with unreleased demos outtakes and the sort. A gorgeous heavyweight vinyl box set etc etc

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 15 Dec 2015, 22:01

Tusk their best album? :lol:

Currently listening to Peter Green era bootlegs. Outstanding.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

AdvertBreak

Post by AdvertBreak » 16 Dec 2015, 01:30

Yes, Tusk is best. But don't worry, Then Play On is second.

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 16 Dec 2015, 02:52

I also love the Bob Welch era and it is so vastly underrated... "Future Games" was splendid....."Bare Trees", "Penguin" and "Mystery to Me" contain several solid moments between them as well.... but that definitely did get overshadowed once Buckingham/Nicks came on board!

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 16 Dec 2015, 17:52

Bare Trees is a good album but it's all about the Peter Green era for me. Yesterday I downloaded a LOAD of bootlegs of shows played from 1967-1970 and they are outstanding. Such an underrated live band in the grand scheme of things. But the Green/Spencer era was exquisite on every level.

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 17 Dec 2015, 07:04

tom_cas1 wrote:Bare Trees is a good album but it's all about the Peter Green era for me. Yesterday I downloaded a LOAD of bootlegs of shows played from 1967-1970 and they are outstanding. Such an underrated live band in the grand scheme of things. But the Green/Spencer era was exquisite on every level.

And don't forget to mention Danny Kirwan. Him and Peter Green blended in so well together. True, Kirwan somewhat forced Spencer more into the background (mainly in terms of guitar playing), but also Kirwan's vocals added another dimension to them as well. I still favor that era more than the others!

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 18 Dec 2015, 06:57

I don't have any of the albums, but I like the hit singles from the Peter Green era. They were very much at the cutting edge of the time.
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 18 Dec 2015, 12:49

Mallard No. 22 wrote:I don't have any of the albums, but I like the hit singles from the Peter Green era. They were very much at the cutting edge of the time.

My parents really loved all Fleetwood Mac eras as well..in fact..they owned Fleetwood Mac in Chicago and I would listen to that from time to time..... Some stunning work on there indeed!

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 23 Dec 2015, 07:06

It remains their most interesting period to my eyes. They changed record labels twice - firstly to get more mainstream, then secondly because Immediate were in financial woes.
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 28 Dec 2015, 04:20

Mallard No. 22 wrote:It remains their most interesting period to my eyes. They changed record labels twice - firstly to get more mainstream, then secondly because Immediate were in financial woes.

Just unfortunate what became of Green, Spencer, and eventually Kirwan......So glad though Green at least managed to battle his demons and recovered some and Spencer is no longer involved with that cult and their senseless acts!