"Hit" Or "Miss"?

Other music and recommendations.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

User avatar
Miki
Posts: 2034
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 16:35
Location: South of England

Re: "Hit" Or "Miss"?

Post by Miki » 26 Apr 2015, 16:08

AdvertBreak wrote:Hit. Relaxing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdT7GEhpM9A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(Quite long for some, but not for me)
Hit - obviously.

Everly Brothers cover https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpVtTC6b3F8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I've been drifting along in the same stale old shoes
Loose ends tyin' a noose in the back of my mind...

Image

User avatar
AdvertBreak
Posts: 5588
Joined: 24 Jan 2015, 17:34
Location: Gorgeous Wiltshire

Re: "Hit" Or "Miss"?

Post by AdvertBreak » 26 Apr 2015, 22:14

Not really my thing, but hit anyhow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elIUFQFmKME" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My favourite folk song

User avatar
Miki
Posts: 2034
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 16:35
Location: South of England

Re: "Hit" Or "Miss"?

Post by Miki » 26 Apr 2015, 22:23

AdvertBreak wrote:Not really my thing, but hit anyhow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elIUFQFmKME" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My favourite folk song
Oh I like that! Hit!

Something different https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAyADMSppaw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I've been drifting along in the same stale old shoes
Loose ends tyin' a noose in the back of my mind...

Image

User avatar
AdvertBreak
Posts: 5588
Joined: 24 Jan 2015, 17:34
Location: Gorgeous Wiltshire

Re: "Hit" Or "Miss"?

Post by AdvertBreak » 26 Apr 2015, 22:53

Hit! I'm just getting into them and I hadn't heard this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsTbeX_mCes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
Miki
Posts: 2034
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 16:35
Location: South of England

Re: "Hit" Or "Miss"?

Post by Miki » 26 Apr 2015, 23:50

Kind of hypnotic. Hit.

A bit of Manu Chao https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJMLJVha5sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I've been drifting along in the same stale old shoes
Loose ends tyin' a noose in the back of my mind...

Image

User avatar
KingLouieLouie76
Posts: 3240
Joined: 10 Sep 2014, 03:51
Location: Phoenix, AZ (USA)
Contact:

Re: "Hit" Or "Miss"?

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 27 Apr 2015, 01:54

Miki wrote:Kind of hypnotic. Hit.

A bit of Manu Chao https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJMLJVha5sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HIT....rather different....


HIT or miss? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F460F5YubkY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Image

User avatar
zoozilla
Posts: 109
Joined: 19 Feb 2015, 22:35
Location: Japan

Re: "Hit" Or "Miss"?

Post by zoozilla » 27 Apr 2015, 02:08

I like it. Hit.

I rediscovered Pet Sounds recently and was kind of blown away. I remember listening to it as a kid and not being very impressed, but I guess I was a stupid kid. It's such an obviously great accomplishment.

Here's a different kind of accomplishment:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ODKKILZiYY

User avatar
KingLouieLouie76
Posts: 3240
Joined: 10 Sep 2014, 03:51
Location: Phoenix, AZ (USA)
Contact:

Re: "Hit" Or "Miss"?

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 27 Apr 2015, 02:20

zoozilla wrote:I like it. Hit.

I rediscovered Pet Sounds recently and was kind of blown away. I remember listening to it as a kid and not being very impressed, but I guess I was a stupid kid. It's such an obviously great accomplishment.

Here's a different kind of accomplishment:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ODKKILZiYY

HIT...

You should check out the Beach Boys from '67-'73...some brilliant albums!


HIT or miss on this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y_vwGXY-V8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Image

User avatar
AdvertBreak
Posts: 5588
Joined: 24 Jan 2015, 17:34
Location: Gorgeous Wiltshire

Re: "Hit" Or "Miss"?

Post by AdvertBreak » 27 Apr 2015, 02:28

Hit. I found it nothing too special though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNWu7Ejm_TM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
KingLouieLouie76
Posts: 3240
Joined: 10 Sep 2014, 03:51
Location: Phoenix, AZ (USA)
Contact:

Re: "Hit" Or "Miss"?

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 27 Apr 2015, 02:43

AdvertBreak wrote:Hit. I found it nothing too special though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNWu7Ejm_TM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HIT...

Here's a very odd, but transitional song for Gomez...HIT or miss? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Lhiypu1Vg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Image

User avatar
AdvertBreak
Posts: 5588
Joined: 24 Jan 2015, 17:34
Location: Gorgeous Wiltshire

Re: "Hit" Or "Miss"?

Post by AdvertBreak » 27 Apr 2015, 02:50

Hit. Good band, and here's a song by a band they always remind me of and vice versa for a reason I don't understand - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbxoTkSkefo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
KingLouieLouie76
Posts: 3240
Joined: 10 Sep 2014, 03:51
Location: Phoenix, AZ (USA)
Contact:

Re: "Hit" Or "Miss"?

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 27 Apr 2015, 05:40

AdvertBreak wrote:Hit. Good band, and here's a song by a band they always remind me of and vice versa for a reason I don't understand - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbxoTkSkefo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HIT...I can understand your comparison..... Gomez has gone on record that Talk Talk is one of their main influences...

HIT or miss here? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4pbeksf-m4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Image

User avatar
AdvertBreak
Posts: 5588
Joined: 24 Jan 2015, 17:34
Location: Gorgeous Wiltshire

Re: "Hit" Or "Miss"?

Post by AdvertBreak » 01 May 2015, 03:13

^ That wasn't Talk Talk that was The Beta Band ??

Hit. Don't know much Traffic, and I only really know about them because of Darren Lock's Prog Review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAfqguL88tA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
KingLouieLouie76
Posts: 3240
Joined: 10 Sep 2014, 03:51
Location: Phoenix, AZ (USA)
Contact:

Re: "Hit" Or "Miss"?

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 01 May 2015, 06:41

AdvertBreak wrote:^ That wasn't Talk Talk that was The Beta Band ??

Hit. Don't know much Traffic, and I only really know about them because of Darren Lock's Prog Review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAfqguL88tA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh...I know that was the Beta Band...Just was making a general aside comment on how Gomez has attributed Talk Talk as one of their main influences...

Anyways... a HIT... I love Bad Manners!

You should definitely check-out more of Traffic...

HIT or miss here? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMG6QJca7HE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Image

User avatar
AdvertBreak
Posts: 5588
Joined: 24 Jan 2015, 17:34
Location: Gorgeous Wiltshire

Re: "Hit" Or "Miss"?

Post by AdvertBreak » 02 May 2015, 14:24

Hit. I really like Mark's Keyboard Repair but that was all I knew by him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6kB5vZ1msA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Post Reply