The "I Make Music" thread

Other music and recommendations.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

User avatar
TripleJay97
Posts: 7040
Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 17:42
Location: Royston Vasey

Re: The "I Make Music" thread

Post by TripleJay97 » 02 Jun 2015, 20:38

I don't own any decent microphones or a PA, I have my guitars etc.
Image

Pasta
Posts: 693
Joined: 08 Jun 2014, 12:11

Re: The "I Make Music" thread

Post by Pasta » 02 Jun 2015, 20:39

Can't really help with microphones, I dont really do vocals

I recently bought a large amp with many inputs so I could have drum machine, synth, mpc and guitar all at once, that was quite useful and not awfully expensive

User avatar
TripleJay97
Posts: 7040
Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 17:42
Location: Royston Vasey

Re: The "I Make Music" thread

Post by TripleJay97 » 02 Jun 2015, 20:43

That sounds incredible, I'd love to have something like that!

I'm a singer, so microphones are essential I'm afraid!
Image

User avatar
AdvertBreak
Posts: 5587
Joined: 24 Jan 2015, 17:34
Location: Gorgeous Wiltshire

Re: The "I Make Music" thread

Post by AdvertBreak » 02 Jun 2015, 20:47

Nice stuff Pasta. That's the sort of sound I was going for with my EP except I'm crap at it lol.
Reminds me also of early Cabaret Voltaire.

Pasta
Posts: 693
Joined: 08 Jun 2014, 12:11

Re: The "I Make Music" thread

Post by Pasta » 02 Jun 2015, 20:50

Cheers AdvertBreak, I saw one of cabaret voltaire djing a month or two ago as a support act and it was really great actually

A laney ah40 is the name of the model triplejay, it does have a mic input on it, I've just not used it

User avatar
TripleJay97
Posts: 7040
Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 17:42
Location: Royston Vasey

Re: The "I Make Music" thread

Post by TripleJay97 » 02 Jun 2015, 20:54

Pasta wrote:A laney ah40 is the name of the model triplejay, it does have a mic input on it, I've just not used it
Thank you so much! Will have to save up some pennies :D
Image

User avatar
tom_cas1
Moderator
Posts: 7734
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 15:13

Re: The "I Make Music" thread

Post by tom_cas1 » 02 Jun 2015, 20:54

Last night I recorded a tribute to B.B. King who was and will always be an influence on me as a guitarist. The Thrill Is Gone, instrumental.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmOLsX6TWWU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Image
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Pasta
Posts: 693
Joined: 08 Jun 2014, 12:11

Re: The "I Make Music" thread

Post by Pasta » 02 Jun 2015, 21:03

TripleJay97 wrote:
Pasta wrote:A laney ah40 is the name of the model triplejay, it does have a mic input on it, I've just not used it
Thank you so much! Will have to save up some pennies :D
Ah yes I know its not exactly an impulse purchase, I got it after I was given some money family members as ... It's probably worth the cash though

Pasta
Posts: 693
Joined: 08 Jun 2014, 12:11

Re: The "I Make Music" thread

Post by Pasta » 15 Jun 2015, 20:06

alright everyone seeing as my last lp had an alright reception on here, here's one i compiled today

https://joestracks.bandcamp.com/album/compilation-4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

made up of some of what i've been up to between today and april

User avatar
Forever Low Man
Posts: 2254
Joined: 12 Sep 2014, 16:47
Location: A million miles away, in your backyard
Contact:

Re: The "I Make Music" thread

Post by Forever Low Man » 15 Jun 2015, 20:06

Pasta wrote:alright everyone seeing as my last lp had an alright reception on here, here's one i compiled today

https://joestracks.bandcamp.com/album/compilation-4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

made up of some of what i've been up to between today and april
you have the single most annoying bandcamp page ever made
Image
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners

Pasta
Posts: 693
Joined: 08 Jun 2014, 12:11

Re: The "I Make Music" thread

Post by Pasta » 15 Jun 2015, 20:31

Forever Low Man wrote:
Pasta wrote:alright everyone seeing as my last lp had an alright reception on here, here's one i compiled today

https://joestracks.bandcamp.com/album/compilation-4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

made up of some of what i've been up to between today and april
you have the single most annoying bandcamp page ever made
lol it is a bit pretentious isn't it

i end up pressing control - a to select everything so i can actually read shit

i can't remember how you change your sites design though to be honest

User avatar
Forever Low Man
Posts: 2254
Joined: 12 Sep 2014, 16:47
Location: A million miles away, in your backyard
Contact:

Re: The "I Make Music" thread

Post by Forever Low Man » 15 Jun 2015, 21:14

if you go to your main page, there's a thing in the top bar called "design"
Image
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners

Pasta
Posts: 693
Joined: 08 Jun 2014, 12:11

Re: The "I Make Music" thread

Post by Pasta » 15 Jun 2015, 21:26

Forever Low Man wrote:if you go to your main page, there's a thing in the top bar called "design"
thanks, it's a bit more useable now

User avatar
Forever Low Man
Posts: 2254
Joined: 12 Sep 2014, 16:47
Location: A million miles away, in your backyard
Contact:

Re: The "I Make Music" thread

Post by Forever Low Man » 22 Jun 2015, 15:34

My band made a new EP. It's weird.

https://nakedant.bandcamp.com/album/sleeper-ep" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Image
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners

User avatar
velvetvamp
Posts: 5
Joined: 29 Apr 2015, 14:29
Location: New Jersey

Re: The "I Make Music" thread

Post by velvetvamp » 23 Jun 2015, 13:39

Forever Low Man wrote:My band made a new EP. It's weird.

https://nakedant.bandcamp.com/album/sleeper-ep" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The title track is not bad. Kind of dig it. And I like the lyrics to '14'.

Also, feel the need to point out, you're on the right track if you're 16 and a huge admirer of Robert Pollard as well as being a big fan of Blur. As pretentious as that may sound. ...it's nice to know there's younger people out there with those types of musical influence. And from New Jersey no less. Very cool.

Post Reply