What bands have you seen/going to see live?

Other music and recommendations.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Mallard No. 22

Re: What bands have you seen/going to see live?

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 14 Sep 2016, 06:24

101reykjavik wrote:Always loved a bit of Black Grape....Looking forward to dancing like an idiot in November. :lol:
And rightly so. I played that album a lot in the car as well, and I remember it on CD jukeboxes. :D

FLM - Lush also sounds like a good gig. I don't remember if I ever saw them live. Perhaps saw them as support or at a festival. :?:
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."

TripleJay97

Post by TripleJay97 » 18 Sep 2016, 18:55

Sleaford Mods next month, Pixies in December!

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 20 Sep 2016, 19:21

Seeing MORRISSEY for the first time ever... TONIGHT! My excitement cannot be contained. Who else here has seen him?

Caitlin

Post by Caitlin » 20 Sep 2016, 21:15

!!!!! Let us know what you think! I saw him a few years ago in Sydney and it's definitely on my top 5 concert list. Seeing him next month too!

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 21 Sep 2016, 16:48

He was fantastic! Voice is in tip top shape, he sounds every bit as amazing as I'd imagined. And he looks it too! He has such an insane amount of charisma. Even though the setlist is definitely not one I would choose, I'm happy to hear Moz sing anything. Starting out with Suedehead and going into Alma Matters was probably the highlight for me. And of course ending the show with What She Said was great, especially when he ripped off his shirt!

Yep, that was definitely in my top 5 gigs ever. Still can't believe I saw him.

Hope you have a wonderful time seeing him!! Eager to see how/if the setlist changes by then!

Forever Low Man

Post by Forever Low Man » 21 Sep 2016, 21:20

lush tomorrow
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners

davidsutter

Post by davidsutter » 03 Apr 2017, 05:31

http://www.forecastlefest.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LCD Soundsystem is going to be cool, no doubt. Weezer could go either way, hope they stick to the good stuff for the most part.
There are several groups here I haven't really checked out but I like what little I've heard.
Vince Staples is going to be there, I sure as hell hope he does Ascension..

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 05 Apr 2017, 15:34

On Sunday I attended the NCAA Basketball Final Four Jam Fest here in Phoenix (Day 3) and the acts included Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats, Blink 182, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, and Aerosmith (who I truly was the most interested in)..... Aerosmith sounded BEYOND amazing and noway should they retire soon!

Dekagamer7X9

Post by Dekagamer7X9 » 13 Apr 2017, 00:45

I saw U2 with my father and brothers in 2011 but I wasn't a fan of them at the time, I only wanted to see them to say that I had gone to a concert. However, this summer I'm going to see Deep Purple on their "The Long Goodbye" tour, and I'm excited, as they'll be the first band I'll see live that I genuinely like and enjoy.

davidsutter

Post by davidsutter » 18 Apr 2017, 20:06

The only Gorillaz show close enough for me to realistically be able to travel to it is Chicago.
Which is the same week as Forecastle so I don't think I can swing that one either. Too bad..

Mark87uk

Post by Mark87uk » 19 Apr 2017, 19:50

Seeing blink 182 soon as I think it'll be the last chance I get, also got tickets for local band superfood and Travis at Silverstone, missing festivals this year so trying my best to pack a few gigs in while the Mrs has left her card unattended

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 20 Apr 2017, 01:57

Mark87uk wrote:Seeing blink 182 soon as I think it'll be the last chance I get, also got tickets for local band superfood and Travis at Silverstone, missing festivals this year so trying my best to pack a few gigs in while the Mrs has left her card unattended
I just saw Blink 182 the same day I saw Aerosmith (which was 4/2, it was here in the States for our Men's Collegiate Basketball Championship which we in Phoenix, AZ, hosted that along w/the three day music festival and other related events) and they were awesome. Matt Skiba did an excellent job and because of that they didn't miss a beat whatsoever without Tom Delonge. I really hope you enjoy the experience!

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 20 Apr 2017, 02:11

I apologize for the double post, but how does everyone rank/rate this line-up? https://www.instagram.com/p/BTCTk6fDnTp ... stlakefest" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm rather mixed on it myself..... They should have gotten the Gorillaz!

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 24 Apr 2017, 05:14

....you might be able to walk there & back Louie.... :D

I.e. it is nearby, so less time & money wasted if it is disappointing.

:idea: There is one near me in August which is tempting - Ocean Colour Scene, Pete(r) Doherty, Fun Lovin' Criminals, Soul II Soul, Buzzcocks, Gabrielle, Brand New Heavies & The Bootleg Beatles. Good line-up for a local festival.
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 24 Apr 2017, 06:44

Mallard No. 22 wrote:....you might be able to walk there & back Louie.... :D

I.e. it is nearby, so less time & money wasted if it is disappointing.

:idea: There is one near me in August which is tempting - Ocean Colour Scene, Pete(r) Doherty, Fun Lovin' Criminals, Soul II Soul, Buzzcocks, Gabrielle, Brand New Heavies & The Bootleg Beatles. Good line-up for a local festival.

I used to live right around the corner from that park, but now have to hit a bus and our light rail to get there....But unfortunately that line-up is rather underwhelming to me.... the Killers I've already seen in concert and the rest are a little to be desired. Perhaps they'll improve the line-up over the years......

I would attend the one in your neck of the woods over the one here in Phoenix. Our other festivals and even our State Fair to me has better artists compared to the "Lost Lake" Festival.... They didn't cover all the demographics effectively....Oh well....