Moderators: MrMagpie, tom_cas1, Caitlin

Re: The Beatles Thread: SGT PEPPER 50TH ANNIVERSARY BOX SET

Postby MsMagicAmerica » 15 May 2017, 10:54

I can't wait!!!
MsMagicAmerica

Postby Consigliere_11 » 15 May 2017, 16:55

KingLouieLouie76 wrote:
rich wrote:^ he grew a moustache - they all did - so what!!

Some claim and I don't know reputable that he was taller in 1967 than he was prior to the alleged fatal accident, that his bone structure, his ears, and eyes were different, then some reference that even his fingerprints did not match-up from 1960 to his 1980 Japan pot bust. Even his speaking and singing voice dramatically changed, but John's did to a certain extent during that period and his dramatic weight lost also accounted for how different John looked. The mustache was to cover up some scar that "William Campbell" aka Billy Shears had. I've had too much times on my hand to research this and such.

Sorry that I am digging this up, but I once back in the day had my fun time reading about this matter. Some claims were absolutely hideous (like the album clues and such), but others were so interesting to read. I know it is just a bunch of bs that has been faked and extrapolated by random people on the web, but it almost feels like watching one of those "great conspiracy" movies. Something like "real Paul didn't die and was just replaced by the double, but the real Paul still writes songs for the fake Paul", the aforementioned eyes, height and some else that didn't match up... It's funny, in a way, or at least a bit amusing, especially for someone who was obsessed by Beatles for some time :) I am certain of one thing - even if this Paul is not real, he writes some damn good songs, even better that the previous one :lol:

Speaking of the great Paul records - has anyone purchased the new Sgt. Pepper remaster? I will be looking into the digital version, just to hear the outtakes, but it is interesting to hear if someone notices the big difference between the 2012 version and 2017 one.
RIP Mr. Okay (April 2015 - March 2016)
Consigliere_11

Postby Mallard No. 22 » 18 May 2017, 07:28

I haven't looked deeply into the 'Paul is dead' subject.

Though another 'clue' was that the number plate of the VW car (that just happened to be?) parked outside Abbey Road on the album photo read '28 IF'.
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."
Mallard No. 22

Postby KingLouieLouie76 » 18 May 2017, 13:37

Mallard No. 22 wrote:I haven't looked deeply into the 'Paul is dead' subject.

Though another 'clue' was that the number plate of the VW car (that just happened to be?) parked outside Abbey Road on the album photo read '28 IF'.

Several more clues..... "I buried Paul" (instead of "Cranberry Sauce" at the end of "Strawberry Fields")..... Then, "turn me on dead man" when playing "Revolution 9" backwards, etc..... the entire "Sgt Pepper" cover.....or of course the hint on "Glass Onion"..... Could go on and on! :D
KingLouieLouie76

Postby tom_cas1 » 18 May 2017, 15:56

Giles Martin said on a radio interview that the White Album will also get the 50th Anniversary box set edition just like Sgt Peppers. Oh hell yes! Esher Demos please. And Not Guilty/What's The New Mary Jane!
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
tom_cas1

Postby Forever Low Man » 18 May 2017, 18:14

tom_cas1 wrote:White Album 50th Anniversary box set

that would have to cost like 300 bucks though.
Forever Low Man

Postby MsMagicAmerica » 19 May 2017, 14:08

Will there be a Magical Mystery Tour 50th Anniversary release? (I'm talking about the movie no the album) Because that would be awesome. Then again, I'm one of those odd ones that loves that film (not as much as Help or AHDN mind you)
MsMagicAmerica

Postby KingLouieLouie76 » 19 May 2017, 15:42

MsMagicAmerica wrote:Will there be a Magical Mystery Tour 50th Anniversary release? (I'm talking about the movie no the album) Because that would be awesome. Then again, I'm one of those odd ones that loves that film (not as much as Help or AHDN mind you)

Oh, I've always loved the "MMT" as well....especially John's spaghetti scene and even when George did "Blue Jay Way", and Paul being hysterical high as a kite during "Fool on the Hill".....

Let's take this a step further, would they do 50 Anniversary release of both "Let It Be" (including unseen movie footage) and also "Abbey Road"? I know "Let It Be" obviously documented the lowest point of the band, but it's nearly been 50-years and they should be beyond that by now. Several intriguing performances were captured on film and I wonder if they still exist in the vaults somewhere? Also, they could package on the album the "River Rhine" sessions and everything else that has essentially been bootlegged over the years and didn't make it onto "Anthology". Too bad they didn't do anything for "Revolver" because to me that's still the Beatles best album!
KingLouieLouie76

Postby 101reykjavik » 19 May 2017, 17:23

Mallard No. 22 wrote:I haven't looked deeply into the 'Paul is dead' subject.

This stuff is so funny. I know you wrote 'clue' so appreciate your disbelief of the thing, but of course he would have been 27 at the time, not 28. But then the first link I find on Google about that shows the amount of contortion these people would go to to make it fit:

It has been pointed out that he would have only been 27, but he would have been in his 28th year of existence, and by Indian belief would be 28 as one's first year as a fetus is counted as part of one's life; and the Beatles made no secret of their fascination with Indian beliefs.

Agghh!! I'm going mad! :lol:
101reykjavik

Postby tom_cas1 » 20 May 2017, 02:06

Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
tom_cas1

Postby KingLouieLouie76 » 20 May 2017, 02:57

tom_cas1 wrote:Image

Will it ever cease? :lol:

They just relish feeding all these clues after nearly 50-years or is it reality? :o
KingLouieLouie76

Postby MsMagicAmerica » 20 May 2017, 05:51

tom_cas1 wrote:Image

OMG really????

Speaking of the Paul is Dead clues, this one always kinda creeped me out:

I used to have a cd of a radio special from the 80s (I think) where they went through all of the clues. It is very interesting even though it's silly. I always wonder who had the time to listen to everything backwards to find the musical "clues" and go through all of the album images to find the visual "clues" Like the image of the Pepper drum that I just referenced, who thought "Hey let me put a mirror throughout the words "Lonely Hearts" to see if there is a clue." Who has the time to do/think of all of that?
MsMagicAmerica

PreviousNext

Return to Music Is My Radar