01. So, did you make this new
album at home in
02. And is the CD 'all your own work'; or are there
players on it?
03. And what is your recording technique: how do
actually go about the process?
04. And as previously, you have Stephen Street
05. One of the reasons that you like working with
is that he pushes you. Is that right?
06. So, the CD is called Love Travels At Illegal
but there isn't a track called that. So
kind of variety of songs will we find?
07. There are a number of love songs on the
as one would expect from you, love
rather more often that love won! But when
singer sings 'I love you' or whatever, is
'I' actually you?
08. Would it be reasonable, having listened to the
a few times, to argue that Graham
is feeling a bit less introspective
this album? That there's a bit more
09. OK, let's work our way through the album,
by track. Track 1 is Standing On My Own
right back to the post punk late 70s,
Buzzcocks, Jags. It's Power Pop, isn't it?
10. Track 2 is I Can't Look At Your Skin. The vocal
a little bit like Johnny Rotten,
11. Next up, Don't Let Your Man Know, is a song
illicit sex: with the singer cast as The
12. The end of Don't Let Your Man Know seems to
a major change in emphasis on the
After the power pop of tracks 1 and 2,
settle to a more melodic, easier pace on
a State of Mind.
13. Track 5, You & I, is a song sung to a loved
But in fact, it started out being sung to
daughter, Pepper, didn't it?
14. Now, on Gimme Some Love, Track 6, we're
on that post punk, power pop trail...
15. I Don't Wanna Go Out is Track 7. Tell us
16. Would it be fair to describe the next track,
Believe Anything I Say as auto
17. Tell It Like It Is sounds like a single. Do you
think about chart success and the
for your songs?
18. Flights To The Sea (Lovely Rain) is the only
on the album that isn't in 4/4 time.
19. Track 11 is a terrific song. What's He Got? It's
about seeing a good looking girl with
guy. "Why him - not me?" Very
20. You Always Let Me Down is next. And it
so real, I wonder, is about someone
21. Tell us about the last track 'See A Better Day'.